Camping Spots at Dry Falls Outing?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by ceviche, Apr 4, 2005.

1. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

Since it looks like I'll make the Dry Falls Outing, I got to thinking: What's the skinny on camping? Will people be arriving with the expectation that there will be room for all? At the same time, I know that reservations can be made online. Have people already done this? Where are the best places for camp spots? If I'm thinking about getting a reservation ahead of time, what area should I shoot for so I can be around all the noisy WFF hosers? Staggering distance is critical when it comes to getting up in the morning. :ray1: Yes, a topic that begs for wind-baggin'. So, those in the know, spill the beans for those who need to be in the loop.

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Lots of room there. I would just try to get there early on a friday. It really dosen't start filling up until late friday or saturday. There should be a few of us around to help you out.. They put up a sigh last year and it helped to kind of keep us together..

Jim

3. troutfanatic

troutfanatic A day not spent wasted is.....wasted.

Wow old man, using your head really does work. Now if you can only put up a sign for the fish you might see more of them too.... :rofl:

troutfantic

4. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

I'll be showing up with some of the boys on wed. afternoon or thursday morning to make basecamp. You won't be able to make reservations, first come first serve deal... but sites can be doubled up on. Theres lots of room to accomadate the wff crowd. Most of the crowd of others will be dwindled down since its three weeks after the opening.

5. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Keep it up and I hope my jinx on you never goes away. :p :p :p :p

Jim

6. troutfanatic

troutfanatic A day not spent wasted is.....wasted.

Old man should I just store my rods now or try grind through it? I probably got only a small dose of your jinxes. Maybe its like the 24 hour flu or something. God I hope so, I can't go the next ten years without a fish. :rofl: Just kidding. It was good to fish with you and hopefully I will see you tommorrow morning. Just think if you try out your tube you can sit down and fish.

Troutfanatic

7. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

I hope to make it over Thursday afternoon / early evening. I have extra gear, like a U-tube, neoprene waders, NO extra fins. Does anybody need extra gear?

MB

8. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

I have extra fins!

9. Islander

Islander Steve

I'm bringing my pontoon but have a tube if someone wants to use it.

10. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

Potluck? Or "Liquid" Dinners?

I have no idea how many people will show up, but I was wondering if people have thought of doing a potluck of some sort. Nothing fancy, of course, given limited means of production. I make a wicked 3-pepper black bean chile--vegetarian, though it kicks butt like Jerry Rice when he was in his football prime (veggy diet). This one works, because there's no meat to spoil, and I can make it ahead and seal-a-meal it.

And of course I'll be bringing beverage.

11. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Was supposed to have one last year but it didn't work out that good. Few people brought stuff but alot didn't. But have you ever tried to get a group of flyfishers together ot one time when the fish are hitting. It doesn't work. I mean these guy's are out there from light to dark and after dark. Some stop just long enough to pee and get a little shuteye. But other than that it's fish until you drop.

But me on the other hand it's drink until I drop. ptyd There's a time for fishing and then there's that time for drinking ptyd and I don't do the two together(little bladder). Besides I only imbibe on these outings. ptyd

Jim

12. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

Ah, there you go, Jim! I think you just said it in nut-shell. So, to heck with the rest of you guys. I'll bring some extra grinds to accommodate a little sharing, but not much more than that. Few things worse in my mind than wasting food. Then again, I could make a ton of food and put up a donation sign for an all-you-can-eat. That turkey fryer could make lot of chile! :thumb:

13. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

well too bad they dont have court on thurs. :) , ill probably see you guys on sunday as i have court in othello on tuesday so ill make it a sun to tues. trip for me. anyone planning on sticking around the area after the weekend?

bhudda

14. Griswald

Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Bhudda,
    I hope you did not get popped leavin the Brunny!

(I used to be a member of a duck club in Othello)
    Matthew

15. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

im lost, no mas, whaaat?, huh, (shoulder shrug),sigh, ..........
    things ill do when i go to court- ...........(alex trebec)"Yes!, the daily double paid off well Jeffrey ....
    (me)-"Alex!, ill take get out of jail for $100"! ......TO BE CONT.

whats a brunny? a shotgun?

bhudda