Canadian-American 2005 Fishing Championship

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by BOBLAWLESS, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

Canadians don't use inches... they would just get confused. :rofl:

2. Steelheader

Steelheader Only 3 more years until I can think like a fish.

Sound like a fun friendly comp to me. By the way alpinetrout you forgot to throw in Hockey since we took the sport from the home land. :rofl:

3. alpinetrout

alpinetrout Banned or Parked

As much as I'd like to take writing credit, it's not my song. It's the theme song from the movie Team America: World Police. You can even hear a sample clip thanks to the good people at Amazon.com - http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/clipserve/B00031TXTU001003/0/103-5365500-2375834

4. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

My dearest and only friends,

Measuring a fish means the witness would have to paddle over to verify the length. This would take time and might result in injury to the fish. No, my vote is that anything counts. This contest should not be at the expense of the fish. Fairness is called for and remember that only gentlemen and gentlewomen will be involved. Cheating is unthinkable and will not be condoned.

My dream team:

Chris (He's the owner for god's sakes-show some respect).
    Ive (I've watched him fish and he is good to say the very least).
    Roper (He crapped on me but I prefer to keep to the high road).
    Steve Buckner (Best guide I've ever had).
    Me (Well, I mean, I did think this thing up, eh?)

Subs: Pwoens :rofl:
    Ray Helears
    Kalm
    The Carp Kid
    Old Man
    Mattzoid
    MacRowdies
    Les Johnson
    World Angler if he's around.
    CWUGirl
    YT
    And heck, lots of guys we've got that I just can't think of at the moment.

5. Chromer

Chromer Defeat terrorism

I like the idea. Who is going to watch the Canadians cars in the Lenice parking lots??? :cool:

6. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Dudes, and other peeps, listen up:

I'll take on anybody, anywhere. For fishing or whatever else you monkeys can dream up. Any nation too, why limit this to canadians? how about YT vs. China? Or Iceland? thats Race-nationism!

Seriously, any lake, anywhere. period. Get it together, I'll show up and put a whuppin on all ya'll.

YT, thanks Bob for the mention, but I'll destroy your dream team. :eek:

:beer2:

7. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

Whitey, Have you ever heard the expression "Don't let your mouth overload your ass!?" :rofl: Just curious, Ive

8. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

My dearest and only true friends,

Be careful Ive--you might get replaced on my dream team with YT. I mean, I like confidence, that, "I'll kick 'em in the balls attitude." YT is famous for this. You just know that he'll make thousands of casts, go through hundreds of flies and the poor Canadian that is assigned to him will come in with tears in his eyes.

Bob, the Impressed by YT's bravado. ;)

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Bob,I'm humbled to be named as an alternate. But to get there I would have to drive over a couple of high bridges and I can't do that with my eyes closed. And as for Yt being a fishing fool,I think that he is only dreaming and wishing to himself that he wish's that he was. So Ive I think you are safe.

Jim

10. Floon

Floon New Member

As a rule I'm not one for tournaments. The tension tends to flatten my Canadian beer, and give me small bouts of indigestion. :clown:
    What, would this little get together result in for our 2 fine countries should one or the other win? Would international relations remain the same on both sides after one or the other emerged victorious? :rofl:
    I will have to think on a team that is worthy of such an offer. I am not sure I should be the captain of the Canadian side, my leadership qualities tend to have my charges running the other way. :(

Some additional suggested rules?

No guns in competition boats. :eek:

The word "huh" will not be used as "eh"

No poking fun at Canadian money notes. We know it's weird looking.

We won't wear mucklucks, you don't wear flack jackets.

To denote team alligence, the Canadians will say 'about' at least once per half hour and the Americans will not. :D

Where do you propose to hold this little party? Sounds like a bit of fun for sure, eh?

11. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Bob, my dearest friend, I see I've hurt your feelings and for that I'm eternally sorry. I assumed that there would be playoffs to advance to the top position in these new CanAm Games. I never dreamed I'd be in the front running or that you wouldn't spearhead your own team.

Besides, you and YT are gonna kick some Canuck ass all by yourselves, right?

12. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

My dear and only friend Floon,

As self-appointed Grand Marshall of the event, allow me to respond to your requests.

1. Guns. I don't know if we can do this. I mean, we are Americans and Americans are always armed the teeth. Will you promise to respect us when we are thus naked? I mean, without our guns.

2. Each eh will be recorded as well as our huhs. The result will be tallied and used as a tie breaker should one occur.

3. OK on the laughs about your money, but bring greenbacks; we don't take funny money.

4. Definitely no on the mucklucks. The flack jackets? Hmmmm.

5. When you holler out "abooot"; we'll holler "Y'all."

6. The Venue is to be decided but I suggest Lake Lenice for the first annual. Now, if you have a secret Canadain lake that is full of fish--we could start up your way if you can guarantee our safety when crossing through your border Nazis. Something in writing from your Pope or whoever it is that runs you guys.

Bob, the Notice how impeccably fair I have been. Just trying to maintain our world image. :cool:

13. BOBLAWLESS

BOBLAWLESS New Member

My dear Roper,

I know you are good at heart and would never knowingly offend anyone.

I might not be on the team itself unless the public is very insistent that I represent them. I mean, our national honor is at stake here and I tremble at the awesome responsibility that imposes. Yet, a properly tembling hand could be just the winning ticket for our spooky trout.

I hadn't even thought about playoffs. Maybe a poll? But what if someone gets no votes? They may quit fishing over it. Lots of problems here.

Bob, the I have jumped up on the water wagon with you, Rope. Been about a week now. No AA. Just realizing that I am too old to be carrying on without regard to what little health I have left. :cool:

14. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Bob if your going to send a contingency of U S of A fishers to Canada they better have impeccable credentials. Two my fishing friends tie to get across the border a year ago and they told one of them he had to post a $500.00 cash bond because he had a DUI TWENTY years ago in the states. (TRUE STORY)
    That may limit your team a little. :rofl:
    jesse clark

15. Floon

Floon New Member

Were they afraid he'd stay in Canada after trying our beer? :rofl:
    As for the captain of the team, I accept, but only if the losing team captain isn't drawn and quartered like they did in that old Tarzan movie where they tie you to 2 palm trees bent to an X. They tied you to them and then cut the tension ropes and then a new meaning to "lift and separate" was realised. :eek:
    If we were all fishing in separate crafts, then would we be allowed to fish 2 rods? Would fish caught in an anchored craft only be entered, or would trolling be ok too?
    This could be a new corner stone for our 2 nations. Brought together even closer by fishing. Imagine that.
    Unless we lose of course. :mad: Then I would have a bag piper follow you all the way to the border, and have back bacon and toques hidden in your fishing bags to have you stopped at the line. :clown: