Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Casting Practice

703 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Old Man 
#1 ·
I went out today to do a little casting practice. Well I was thinking of fishing but the fish had other things on their minds. I tried about four different flies and the one that caught my only fish was a green Elk Hair Caddis. Has a couple of hits on a Red Stimulator, had one on for about 2 seconds.

All in all it was a good day. The weather was nice. Not to hot and not to cold. I needed bug spray as there were biting flies around. I got buzzed by a couple.

I've been coming to Big Sheep Creek for two years now and today I got to see my first wild sheep. Four adults and to wild lambs. I even got pictures of them. Gonna see if I'm smart enough to up load them.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad you got out today. It was a bluebird day here today, but I just could not shake free to go. This week is filling up fast. What the heck did I do when I was working for a living. If I could get my wife to take a trip, maybe then I could get out

#3 ·
Glad you got out today. It was a bluebird day here today, but I just could not shake free to go. This week is filling up fast. What the heck did I do when I was working for a living. If I could get my wife to take a trip, maybe then I could get out
When you worked for a living you fished your ass off on Weekends. Now all you have time on your hands and to damn many honey do's to do. I was going to mow the grass today but I put it off until tomorrow. Being retired you can do these things.

#8 ·
Those Sheep sure ain't scared of People. That little one on the close up was about 3 feet from my truck. The others were just off the road.

I have got other pictures up on the Ruby of the Sheep and some have some nice curls on their horn's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.