Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Casting Tournaments

699 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Rob Blomquist 
#1 ·
I was hoping someone here could help me (actually, I am beyond help) in locating information on the casting tournaments that were held in Seattle. In particular a bait casting (I know, this is fly fishing, but you guys are probably the only ones who will know something) tournament held in Seattle, August 9 - 11, 1935. The tournament was sponsored by the "W.A.S.A.C.". I don't know if this was an organization or a corportate sponsor. If any of you out there know about this organization, or where I can find the records of winners, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. Paul

#2 ·
Paul,

You may be way ahead of me but have you already checked out microfilm of the Seattle Times or PI at a local library? I was looking at some 30s and 40s Seattle Times that way a couple of months ago and it seemed like the sports section had pretty complete local coverage of darn near everything.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.