Casting!

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by James Waggoner, Jan 7, 2012.

1. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi Yuhina,
    First, Göran cut the line to a extreme short length standard, this isn't happen before his era and this type of line isn't commercial available before him. In other words, it short line approach only been recognized by the Pubic after him.

Just to make sure, lets do this one stage at a time, where did you read this or is it just your opinion ?

What you are saying is that before Goran cut a line to an extreme short length , this type of line was not commercial available, and a short line approach to speycasting was not recognized by the public before him.

How many Speycasting Insructors have you watched in person Yuhina ?
    Surely your knowledge is based on watching and learning, every day is a learning day.... so you never answer my question on if you have ever fished the Spey, Tay Tweed and Don to learn from the different Speycasters.
    Gordon...... getting a bit bored ................. but not yet............ yuhina answer my questions.
    DTX Pro Staff

2. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Golfman
    There is nothing on the telly, and it will end soon....., cause all the soap opera shit my wife watches are finished.

Brian, PM sent.

Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff

3. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    Now that's really funny Gordon,

You are the ONE to accuse and discredit Goran Andersson about HIS Underhand Technique.
    and now you want me to prove it? Prove what? That's really funny.

I thought you are the one need to have evidence about someone before him has done HIS Underhand Technique??

Please keep in mind, you need to find some evidence for us about why he is not the inventor about HIS Underhand Technique... Got it?

Now, things are getting interesting... ha...

Mark

4. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:

Hi Gordon,

check out the video around 9:00...

"you pretty much invented the underhand..." this is your attitude right?! and Goran is too gentle to response..."what you mean pretty much?!"

Before you descredit someone, try to study their style first... :thumb:
    BTW, I guess you have seen this video and you are one of the two "dislike"
    Mark

5. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Hi Mark,
    I fear you are losing your mind, i never said I invented Underhand, but its a nice video from a great Instructor.

NOW YOU ARE STARTING TO MAKE THING UP.........

I will try again, can you answer the questions i have asked you, you ask me to study when you really know nothing, thats nearly as good as the Skagit Joke earlier.
    I am heading out for a while, but will look for the answers when i get back, i will look for a Speycasting eduction from the Legend.

Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff

6. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    Pardon me. Gordon,

Where you see I said you invented Underhand? You are too young for that right?
    I only said, Underhand Technique is different thing than Underhand casting in general...

And you MISTAKEN them together and accuse Goran Andersson did not deserve the credit. Got it?

You might need to go to bed, totally understood here... we can discuss this again tomorrow...

Cheers,

Mark

7. speyghillie

speyghillie speyghillie

Mark,
    Answer my questions, i see you have been back on speypages trying to be a smart arse, i won't bother going on there to correct you again, i will let you and your buddy be the legends you so want to be.
    Cheers Gordon.
    DTX Pro Staff.

8. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    Having some fun Gordon...

chill out or stop discredit Goran...
    seriously, I don't really know what is the point you want "answers" from me. You are doing a very dangerous thing that accuse someone without solid evidence. Have you ever think about Goran is reading this thread? or the thread in speypages? have you ever imagine the people get a bad name because someone shoot them from the back? have you think about the DTX company you representing are suffering from your random talk accusing someone don't deserve the credit?

If you want to go on, we can... for entertaining's sake...

Keep in mind, Goran Andersson is the inventor of his very own Underhand Technique... and if you can't explain WHY it is NOT... I sincerely encourage you to stop discredit him in public. You are too young for that.

Mark

9. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
  10. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Speyghillie,

Your tolerance is so much more than mine. I applaud you. You see, I don't know if I agree or disagree with anything Yuhina writes. I mentioned this in a casting thread a couple months ago. I assumed I don't understand Yuhina because English must be a second or maybe third language for him. For reference sake, my English is that of a plain old west coast American white male, and I can't make out a damn thing Yuhina writes. From my perspective Yuhina writes like shit, but maybe he understands what he mean. I sure don't. Even if he and I totally agreed on something simple, if we posted about it on the internet I'm confident that it would appear as though we were discussing different subjects. My hunch is that the two of you only think you're discussing the same subject. Therefore I wish you the very best of luck in sorting it out.

Sg

11. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Whats the definition of insanity again?

12. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    Gordon,

see below that this is the reason you need to provide evidence before you point your finger to someone.

Mark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_burden_of_proof

The burden of proof (Latin: onus probandi) is the obligation to shift the accepted conclusion away from an oppositional opinion to one's own position.
    The burden of proof is often associated with the Latin maxim semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit, the best translation of which seems to be: "the necessity of proof always lies with the person who lays charges."[1] This is a statement of a version of the presumption of innocence that underpins the assessment of evidence in some legal systems, and is not a general statement of when one takes on the burden of proof. The burden of proof tends to lie with anyone who is arguing against received wisdom, but does not always, as sometimes the consequences of accepting a statement or the ease of gathering evidence in its defense might alter the burden of proof to its proponents shoulder. The burden may also be assigned institutionally.
    He who does not carry the burden of proof carries the benefit of assumption, meaning he needs no evidence to support his claim. Fulfilling the burden of proof effectively captures the benefit of assumption, passing the burden of proof off to another party. However the incidence of burden of proof is affected by common law, statute and procedure.

13. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    Thanks Steve,

It is important! It's about Goran Andersson's name and reputation. For myself? I don't care... I would love to learn from Gordon...true from my heart.

I am sorry that you can't understand my English... I am improving it for sure, I hope you can tell I try very hard to make my points simple and clear. This argument is all about rationale and logic, at least this is the best I can do now... so please bear on me.

Cheers,
    Mark

14. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

I don't think anybody is discrediting Goran, Mark. I think Inland said things pretty well. In all likelihood, Mr. Andersson developed his stroke and style all by himself, possibly without knowledge of the techniques that Grant, Rupp, or other nameless anglers of old had employed. When Goran speaks of inventing it, I take that as him saying he came upon it himself,....as in, he was not taught it, nor had he observed it from other anglers around him. This should not be confused with the assumption that the things he found worked for him had never ever been used by other anglers at other times in other places. This is not a discredit to Goran. He is by all accounts, a master. He refined his method and brought it to the masses. Just because someone else, in a galaxy far far away:clown:, had done many of the same things, does not mean we are discrediting Goran.

edit: now i see Inland has removed his comment,...not that I blame him. I may do the same in a few minutes. Anyways, nice to see some videos and diagrams back on the spey forum;), it was such a long February.

15. yuhina

yuhina Tropical member

Home Page:
    Brady,

If this is Gordon's intention. I agree with you and I apologize for saying he is trying to discredit Goran Andersson. I agree many things can develop at different places on the same time independently. Only themselves know if they are the inventor or not. We only can gather pieces of information and put them together to figure out who is the first one to promote the idea and popularized the idea if the origin is no longer to be traced. That is the reason, I think Gordon have the responsibility to provide evidence for the public before he said Underhand Technique is the same thing as the underhand casting. If people still remember we are arguing "Underhand technique". This also is the very reason that I sincere urge Gordon to explain his view of underhand casting in general... by doing this way, we can figure out where is the misunderstanding and where is the credit should go to... either Underhand Casting or Underhand Technique. Next time when Gordon says, "there is really nothing new in spey casting" I will try to read it as broad and as relax as possible

Mark