Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Castle Lake

739 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Preston 
#1 ·
I'm planning on hiking in to Castle lake at the end of this month. I've never been there and I understand it can be difficult to find. I was checking my gazateer and it doesn't seem to be much help. Does anyone know how to score a Weyerhauser tree farm map? Since I need to travel on Weyerhauser roads I need to know that they'll be open to public travel. Trying to navigate the Weyerhauser web site didn't prove to be very fruitful. I know there is 2 ways to the lake. Is the short way really that dangerous? In my experience 1/2 mi. straight up/down is preferable to a 4-5 mi. slog, but falling to my death would really put a damper on my trip. Also any info I could get on the fishing would be great. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Tony

#3 ·
The "short" way is straight down a quite steep, extremely brushy slope broken by a number of short, rocky cliff bands. It's certainly do-able providing you exercise a bit of care; keep in mind that you'll be carrying your float tube and gear. I'd certainly think twice about climbing back out that way on a hot afternoon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.