Cataraft Flooring? Weight Saving Ideas?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Ed Call, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I dig it, platforms over larger floors certainly will save some weight. If you find some weird guy checking out your boat from his water master this weekend, it could be me!

2. flyfx

flyfx David Spratt

Oh - I order my drop bags from Stitches and Stuff in Colorado. Same material they use to make floors. These are the people that owned DRE and have since sold to the current owner and moved to Arboles, CO. Now they make accessories like cataraft floors! Great place and great prices on straps, floors, bags, you name it... http://www.stitchesnstuff91.com/cataraftfloorsdecks.html

3. Ed Call

I just got a note from Jan yesterday or the day before that she was back in the shop. I might look into the drop bags for my front and rear seat boxes and go with lighter flooring. The boat performed great on the water with three bigger guys this past weekend, but hoisting it up a rougher launch is a bit of work. Lots of options to consider, thank you for your input!

4. flyfx

flyfx David Spratt

Good luck and I'll be on the lookout for you. I'll be floating Red's to Roza tomorrow if I can get everything ready. I went back and read through the posts and saw that Stitches and Stuff was already discussed. Sorry for the repeat - just excited about my new ride.
    Mumbles - love your Guinness pic.... homebrewing is my other vice when I am not fly fishing!

5. Ed Call

Reds to Roza with some homebrew tomorrow. I think I can "run" into you somewhere along there!

6. Mark Moore

Mark Moore Just a Member

Well that just went on Favorites menu, Thanks!