Cedar River 6/18 (PM) - Dry Flies

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jason Baker, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray helaers

ray helaers Active Member

Actually Jason it was written to provoke a laugh. And my point from the beginning has been that nobody has accused you of anything, except maybe holding up a skinny, ugly fish, so get over yourself.

But hey, I'm the one who is full of BS, bitter, making you sick, holier than thou, a hypocrite, and a drag; so what the hell, why not rude too? Reflect on yourself junior; I don't need your respect.

2. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

3. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Home Page:
    I couldn't agree more, it does seem that fly fisherman as a whole seem to be a little more anal then the the rest of fishing world that i have ever been associated with. oh well, what can you do? it appears to me he wasn't fishing illegally so how in the hell did this get so out of hand. there should have been an oooops, misunderstanding, my bad, a long time ago by somebody.

4. Big K1

Big K1 Large Member

Thanks guys for the enjoyable posts. This is a scheduled 12 rounder so get out the corners and kick some literary ass! :thumb:

5. mike doughty

mike doughty Honorary Member

Home Page:
    that's the way it is looking, but stupid shit like this is the reason i hate people, they can be so stupid.

6. Greenh20

Greenh20 New Member

Didnt look like words written to provoke a laugh but rather barbed comments. Barbed comments are funny only for a select few. If you re-read the initial posts made by Jim, it does infer that Jason was fishing illegaly. Jims states that the Cedar closes at night and he hopes Jason does not get caught, thats not a suggestion on reading the regs, thats declaring he is breaking it. Jason was defending his actions with ACCURATE information.

I bring all this up because it is a major reason I will not post pictures of my fishing excursions on the web. I have debated many times as to whether or not I should share my collection but with threads like these, I forget such thoughts. I do not want my memories belittled.

Later
    G

7. ray helaers

ray helaers Active Member

Gee, Whitey thought it was funny. But I'm childish, so what would I know about barbed comments? But I get your point. Why belittle a memory when you can belittle a person?

8. Backyard

Backyard SANCHO!

9. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Thanks Backyard!

Guys, can we let this go?

I like the reports, stories from all of you and would hate for something like this to put a plug in the exchange of information / stories.

I have met most of the people that have posted, yeah, good guys. Somtimes we all get on a tangent, mean well, but it just gets screwed up. All good intentioned, but not productive.

Tight lines, fish on.....

MB <'((((<<

10. ncitrez

ncitrez Too many hobbies.....

'Yard..... ROTFFLMFAO!!!!!! :rofl:

Hey Mingo - is that the gal from your avatar for round 6??? :eek:

11. gearhead

gearhead Active Member

Backyard........ That was Soooooooooo Wrong!

12. Mingo

Mingo the Menehune stole my beer

ha ha.......No dude......my girl is a blonde.....she'll enter the fray and hold up her own sign that says "You Guys Need to Get Drunk And Go Fishing" ...or "Go Fishing, Then Get Drunk" if this silly shit goes a full 15....but round 6 IS a dead ringer for one of her friends that was in Cabo with us last week (gf of one of my best fishing buds)!!!!

She was reading this over my shoulder when I opened it to show her Jason's report....she said "good lord, those guys need to lighten the F up! Jason had a fun day flyfishing and he's getting all this for it?" This is one of the reasons I haven't posted pics with a report, I would expect something like this to happen..........especially since every pic of me, my buds and our swimsuit-clad wives chasing fishies in Cabo last week had copious quantities of beer and tequila shots w/ lima in every photo.............

I posted the first reply to Jason's enthusiastic report and I was shocked at what happened in the aftermath. I have always thought the Old Man is friggin' hilarious so I think this one just got away from everyone......maybe the BVDs shrunk in the wash last night and were in too tight a bundle this morning................dunno..... :hmmm:

Damn boys I think we all need to get blottoed around a campfire, eat too many beans, have a farting contest and shake hands.....written words can be very dangerous, misconstrued, misunderstood......Mike D. is right.....

this site is awesome so this stuff is going to happen with passionate people who disagree at times eh? :confused: I'll just keep any weirdness I observe at Lincoln Park to myself in the future......... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Backyard, that one made me spit beer all over my screen.....your timing was perfect with that shot bud............

Jason, thanks for the report...... :thumb:

13. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Home Page:
    OH MY GOD. This is what i find before going to bed, its gotta be one of the best threads i've seen. The girls get better every round, so does the comedy. ptyd :beer2: :thumb:

Peace

14. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

GAWWWD! I CAN FINALLY POST! i have been lmao since the 1st page! Jason's totally right and yard had me shootin little hersey's:) :):):)

bhudda

15. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Home Page:
    Bhudda,
    You have ruined chocolate forever for me, and maybe thats a good thing.

Jason,
    Good stuff, stand up for what u know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.