Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Cedar River Today

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Mike Lee 
#1 ·
I took a day off work and my son and I went to the Cedar River today. We had a blast. There was a caddis hatch. We used Elk hair Caddis. We didn't caught any big fish but we both got about 10 each from 6" to the biggist that my son got that was 11-12". But what a day, it was the best, to be there with my son and watch him. He is 19 years old but has really fly fished much so it was fun watching him caught fish. The river is in great shape. We could wade the whole river. If you can get out and go, I would. Good fishing to all!!!!!

#7 ·
I've seen people parking across from Maplewood when driving by. Seems like there's enough traffic and passerbys to make looters lose confidence, but who knows. Statistics show that most break-ins happen within 30 seconds as "break window with porcelain, grab whatever is with in reach, jump into running car with driver, flea the scene. Makes it kind of tough to catch them. Tinted windows help a lot. not only to reduce the visibility, but also because it's a laminate so a chunk of toilet or spark plug may break the window, but it won't explode into bits that easily.

#8 ·
Thanks for the report. Breakins happen everywhere. Would be interesting to see a map of where they are more common than other places. My wife's car was broken into in front of our Seattle house and I haven't gone fishing there since. Last year there was a Cedar breakin thread - fellow had his truck broken into almost in front of him on one of the busier roads. As Mike Lee said, it is a 30 second crime.

#9 ·
You can google just about any city to find the crime rate and how it compares to the rest of the nation. Just ty.pe in "[city] crime rate" or just go to cityratings.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.