Central Oregon report

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by tbuss, Sep 28, 2005.

1. tbuss

tbuss Member

Well I fished the Central Oregon area the last few days and had some pretty good luck. The Crooked river never produced for us for some reason. I caught a couple of really small fish, but that was it. The Metolius lived up to its reputation of being a VERY difficult river to catch fish on. I did have a lunker Rainbow on for a couple of minutes, but it went deep and got my line tangled up on a log or something and no matter what I did I could not get it free. I ended up having to break the line and kiss a large fish goodbye. The Fall River though was the savior. I landed several 10-14 inch Rainbows and one monster Brown that was at least 19 inches (my dad thought that it was larger, but I like to be conservative). I was surprised to catch such a large fish on a #18 prince nymph. It was the biggest fish that I have landed in several years so it was worth the trip. Of course it was the only day that I left my camera in the car so I do not have a photo, but honestly it happened. I went back to the car and got my camera afterwards for the next big brown, which of course never happened. I did get a few pictures of the surroundings and few 10-12 inch bows that I will try to post on the Trips area.

2. Stephen Rice

Stephen Rice Senior Member

You realize your saying this to a bunch of fisherman don't you ! :clown: :clown:

3. papafsh

papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Home Page:
    We will agree to believe you tbuss, IF, you will do the same in return... ;)

Going out of the way to try and separate truth from lie, when telling or listening to a fish tale, is not necessary. Not doubting others, is simply a smart hedge for ourselves, and our own story embellishments when needed.

I believe that is part of the fishermans seceret code, or something?

However, in this particular instance I am sure you are telling the gospel truth ;)

LOL!

LB

4. Porter

Porter Active Member

There's two sides to the big catch story....the one the fish tells his school of friends (He thought he had me but I jerked to the right twice ..once to the left..took a dive and jerked right and I was free...he was good but not a pro.)....the one you tell your gang of friends.....I caught a ___" fish gave a good fight and ran my line out 120 feet but I reeled him in....... and in between lies the photograph. Who to believe?

5. tbuss

tbuss Member

Thanks for believing me guys. Does anyone else out there have a camera curse. I just don't catch decent sized fish when I have a camera along.

Tom

6. Nol

Nol Needs to fish more..

7. Tom H

Tom H saltchuck

8. tbuss

tbuss Member

I was told the same thing about fishing close in to shore so I did. I used several different types of nymphs including the ones the fly shop sold me, but to no avail. I fished the river a few years back and was not having any luck until a fisherwoman advised me of what specific nymph to use and then I caught fish hand over fist. I guess I just didn't have the exact nymph. I still had fun eventhough some redneck novice fly fishers had their truck stereo blaring with annoying bass (the musical tone not fish) that carried a half mile. It was a bit entertaining watching them try to cast a fly line. If it wasn't for the annoying stereo I would have offered some advise, but if they cannot figure out that fly fishing is a quiet sport then they deserve no instruction on casting.