Change of Saltwater

miyawaki

Nice fish Leland! I've been meaning to get or tie up some pink poppers, but never got around to it. I think I'm probably a little late to that party for this Coho season.

Oh well.

J
What's cool was that a guy 50 feet away fishing bait hooked up and I made a long cast in his direction and caught the trailing fish immediately.

Leland.

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
Nice fish Leland! I've been meaning to get or tie up some pink poppers, but never got around to it. I think I'm probably a little late to that party for this Coho season.

Oh well.

J
You are definitely not "too late" to get in on the autumn coho fishing around here. Late fall is a favorite season for the locals who know.

"May your line always be cast, for in the pool where you least expect it you will catch a fish". Ovid

You are definitely not "too late" to get in on the autumn coho fishing around here. Late fall is a favorite season for the locals who know.

"May your line always be cast, for in the pool where you least expect it you will catch a fish". Ovid
I heard something from a fisheries biologist in MA12 that hinted at this very thing.

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
BTW, this day with Leland was at Marrowstone Point, on an outgoing tide, shallow water, under a bright sun. I love watching Leland fish those Poppers, and he casts beautifully.

BTW, this day with Leland was at Marrowstone Point, on an outgoing tide, shallow water, under a bright sun. I love watching Leland fish those Poppers, and he casts beautifully.
3 of 5 fish I've gotten this year have been on an outgoing tide, under bright sun, in about 5-8 foot deep water (i'd guess). It has really surprised me. Oddly enough, the reason I started fishing a particular spot at my local beach was because I saw Leland fishing the popper there one day. I went up to him and talked to him briefly and he said he had just rolled a fish. He told me that beach was really good on the outgoing tide. About a week later I got my first fish in the exact spot where we'd been talking!

J

3 of 5 fish I've gotten this year have been on an outgoing tide, under bright sun, in about 5-8 foot deep water (i'd guess). It has really surprised me. Oddly enough, the reason I started fishing a particular spot at my local beach was because I saw Leland fishing the popper there one day. I went up to him and talked to him briefly and he said he had just rolled a fish. He told me that beach was really good on the outgoing tide. About a week later I got my first fish in the exact spot where we'd been talking!

J
Like I said in another thread...copy the masters :)

holtad

I'm heading to Kona over the holidays (Dec 19-Jan 2nd) and would love a recommendation for a good fly guide. Jordan/PSP, do you have any you can hook me up with?

miyawaki

DIY fishing is fun but going out with a guide who knows the water and has a boat, can be the difference between catch fish and CATCHING
PA170172.JPG
FISH. Damn, Coach Duff just sent me another photo of a happy flyfisher!

Leland.