Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Changing presentation

984 views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  The Drifter 
#1 ·
I had about 2 hours two fish in the middle of the day today, I usually like to fish in sportswear that matches the occasion. Today I was targeting salmon so I took along my PATAGONIA MEN'S LONG-SLEEVED SUN STRETCH SHIRT, to change into along with my SIMMS SUPERLIGHT SHORTS. Had less time than planned, so instead of changing from my work clothes into my sportwear, I ended up fishing in a SS CARHARTT FORCE t - shirt with pocket, and COLUMBIA PALMERSON PEAK SHORTS

I think the fish liked my workman like approach to attempting to catch them with wearing work clothes and rewarded me with a pink and a silver in the short time I was at the beach.

I was in a rut of always wearing sportswear while fishing and it was good to change my presentation and be rewarded with some fish

#15 ·
Funny carharts comment from some ladies sitting at a table by us one day during our company Friday lunch. We are refrigeration mechanics, we get dirty nearly every day.

Anyways the youngest of the girls said something along the lines of what she keys on for clothing when looking for a man. The older two laugh at her comment and then one of them proceeds to tell her "look for a man in carharts. If you can afford to pay that much for clothes and treat them bad every day; he's got a good job, probably has a trade, clearly he is responsible, and knows how to dress".

We died laughing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.