Swap Classic/original steelhead spey fly swap

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Kevin Giusti, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Kevin Giusti

Kevin Giusti New Member

Well only a few days left and havent heard from a few of you. Have we lost anyone? I know speykids busy with school. Just wanted to get some updates from others. So far only Halcyon and Cameron are in,still. Let me know how the rest are coming along. Kevin

2. Mark Bové

Mark Bové Chasin tail

Home Page:
    Thanks for the reminder. I need to pick up some materials and finish them up! I am in!

3. Willie Bodger

Willie Bodger Still, nothing clever to say...

I hate to say this, but I don't think I'm as up to snuff as I thought I was. I've been trying, but they really don't look good. So, I need to (unfortunately) bow out of this one. I had thought more work would get me up to speed. I was wrong. I need some one-on-one time before I can get these flies down. Sorry for the 'lateness' of this.

4. steve s

steve s Active Member

Kevin,
    My flies are in the mail and you should receive them any day.

Steve S

5. Kevin Giusti

Kevin Giusti New Member

sorry to see you drop out Willie. Steve good to hear from you, I look forward to seeing the flies. Looks like as soon as speykids show up I can split em up and get em out. I just need to know what the people want me to do with the extra set they sent. I can send them back to the original owners or I can just send some multiples out to others? I will tie up some extras also and include them to all so everyone gets a good random dozen. Anyway let me know what you all want to do with the extras. I will let you all know when I have them all ready to go out. Take it easy Kevin

6. steve s

steve s Active Member

Kevin,
    I say that you keep the extras, you've been a very gracious host by extending the swap, letting people drop out at the last minute, etc. Keep 'em.

Steve S

7. Cameron Derbyshire

Cameron Derbyshire Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies

My opinion: keep 'em under one condition - go fish them!

8. halcyon

halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

You may keep my extra set for yourself.
    Best Regards,

9. Kevin Giusti

Kevin Giusti New Member

Steve got your flies today. Those are beauties. Definitly some fishy looking flies! Ive got a great looking group of speys here, I think everyone is going to be really happy with this bunch. As soon as speykids flies show up I will get to sorting and send em out. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for the offer to keep the extras guys. I will definatly take you up on that one. I will also double up some patterns for everyone. Share and share alike. Im throwing in another classic and an original from myself also so everyone gets a random dozen. Winter fishing is over so I will be taking the originals out of my own box so everyone will get something a little different. Dont worry I will pick ones that didnt make it onto the end of my line! Talk to you soon. Get on it speykid! Kevin

10. halcyon

So Mark,
    What is the status of your flies? :confused: We are all waiting :(
    Regards,

11. halcyon

I for one think it is time to finish this swap. Send out the flies that have been recieved for a swap that originally should have been over a month ago. I have run out of patience.

Regards,

12. Kevin Giusti

Kevin Giusti New Member

Flies are packed up and will be sent out first thing tomorrow morning. Sorry Mark cant wait any longer. I will ship them all priority since you have all waited long enough so you should get them by the end of the week. I apologize for how long it has taken for this to come together. It is my first time as a meister I tried to be accomadating but have to draw a line somewhere. Other meisters take this as an example, flies in by THE DUE DATE or you are SOL! Thanks for the patience to all who sent in there flies on time. Hope there are no hard feelings. This is a great group of flies and I know you all will not be disapointed. Let me know when your flies arrive and take care. Kevin

13. steve s

steve s Active Member

I received my flies this morning and they all look great! They were definately worth the wait. Kevin, you were supposed to keep the extras.

Thanks everyone.

Steve S

14. halcyon

So has anyone else besides Steve received their flies? As of this morning's mail on Tax Day I am still waiting while the rivers are prime for new flies:cool:
    Regards,

In this mornings mail I received a box chuck full of beautiful flies. Thanks everyone, especially Kevin for hosting. The extra flies were for you, next time I will return them with the next swap flies.

Regards,

15. Kevin Giusti

Kevin Giusti New Member

Glad you got your flies Halcyon, im surprised they took so long to get there as I shipped them priority the usps always amazes me. I really appreciate you all wanting me to keep the extras but there were so many it just didnt feel right! Im sure you guys can find a use for them! Thanks again for the participation and the patience, they were a great set of flies for sure! Kevn