Colt King Cobra .357 Mag Stainless

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ZugBug, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

This revolver is a Colt King Cobra .357 mag. 6" stainless, double action, Colt medallion/Pachmayr grips, adjustable sights with orange ramp and white outline. I bought it brand new about 15 years ago (it is now discontinued). Pistol has about 250 rounds through it and is in excellent condition. $450 local face to face only. Might do a partial trade for a Sage 8100 XP or RPL or Loomis GLX 10' 8wt..

2. mr trout

mr trout Trevor Hutton

mmm. I loves me some sweet shootin .357! I have a S&W similar to this but with a 4" barrel. This is a good deal too. I wish I needed it... But being that I am living at a school dorm, and I have other firearm "needs" to satisfy first...so yeah...

Someone should definately go for this! If you decide to give it away, I suppose I could take it off your hands though...

Also - Is it drilled & tapped for scope mounting?

3. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

Nope. It is a sweet pistol. I was torn over letting it go, but it just sits in the safe and I'm trying to fund a .40 purchase.

4. QHays

QHays Premember

Nice lookin' heater -- would do well for bear protection in AK -- at least make a lot of noise... My old Colt .45 would sure love this as a partner, but I'm too damn far away (Ontario) where they don't really allow handguns anyway...

5. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Have you seen the new .357SIG? Here's part of a recent interview with a Secret Service official on why they're switching to the .357 auto.

K

"The .357 Sig is very close to becoming one of the finest auto pistol cartridges ever made. It works consistently over and over again. Police agencies from coast to coast are switching to it in droves because it truly offers everything that the 9mm +P+ had going for it, plus the penetration of the 147gr 9mm along with the capabilities that the disappointing .40 S&W "wonder cartridge" was supposed to have. In a medium frame/medium sized service pistol it offers everything that the .45acp can in terms of penetration and "stopping power", but it does it in a smaller package."

Here are a couple more links if you are interested:

http://www.sigarms.com/products/classicfullsize-models.asp?product_id=41

http://www.handguninfo.com/Archive/www.Pete-357.com/#Main

6. mr trout

mr trout Trevor Hutton

+1 for .357SIG, a lot of guys like this round a lot, especially for two legged predators. But really, arguing over a handgun cartridge is useless. IMHO, when you are shooting most handguns, placement is key. There aren't really many ballistic differences large enough (compared to the ballistic differences of rifle rounds) to make a huge stink over one pistol cartridge versus another(except magnums/10mm perhaps) ... But thats my take, some guys swear by 9mm, some love .45 and everythig inbetween has its advocate.

7. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

Thanks for the links Kent.

8. QHays

QHays Premember

I miss my guns...................

9. Swandazi

Swandazi Kevin

I'm not absoulutly shure about this but i think you need a licsense to sell guns... And you need the buyer to fill out a form to register the pistol.

10. Mike Wade

Mike Wade Member

There is no requirement to have a license or to register the sale of handguns between private parties in the State of Washington. Should make out a bill of sale and keep a copy of it but again it is not a requirement.

11. mr trout

mr trout Trevor Hutton

Correcto! If you were in Kalifornia or one of those ted kennedy/sarah brady supporting states it would be different. Thank God Washington still hasn't lost all its common sense. I do think it is a great idea to keep a reciept and info on who you sell to and who you buy from just as a CYA measure.

12. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
    This is definately NOT! a suitable Alaska bear gun.!!!:rofl:

13. Don Johnson

Don Johnson Duke of Furl

Bob,
    It is suitable for bear country if a gunsmith files off the front sight.

14. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:
  15. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

No it's not. But I bet it would be suitable for that lunch bandit leaving trail snacks on the OP when I come over to fish with ya.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.