Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Countdown to OHF 2...ramblings from the ranch

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Andy 
#1 ·
This time next week I'll be sitting on the property diggin' being there with my friends and fishing. I'll arrive late Thursday and be ready to greet you on Friday. I didn't get as much done inside as I had hoped. The electrician and plumber will be there doing some final installations so the house might be a little crowded. I suggest bringing a tent just in case.

The Mrs. will be joining us on Wednesday and we like to hit Lost Lake in the boat together, join us if you can.

There's a BBQ kettle and a camp cook stove that we can all share. Bring your own food, though there is a big market in town (6 miles). The fridge should be hooked up and running.

The Port-O should be upright (recent winds) and operational by Friday. No more visits to the woods...T/G.

Wannacut seems to be a possible hot spot from reports I've heard, if not, there's lots of others to be had. One lucky member will join me (tubes suggested) in a local small water. It's a zipper lip for now until we figure what's in it and what it can handle.

I look forward to seeing you all then, someone light a fire under Chris and see if he can fire up the GS and join us.

'till then...take care

and as Chris Engval says..."here's your sign"

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/dc/user_files/1472.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
I think I will be heading up there next Sunday or Monday for a few days after a weekend of carp fishing at Banks Lake. Looking forward to seeing the place.

Andy

#3 ·
I'll be heading out late Friday afternoon, at least that's what I'm planning now. Got the following Monday off, so I'm planning for the whole weekend and part of Monday for fishing.

I'm planning on bringing my pontoon boat and tube, so I think I've got it covered. I will be looking at where to go in the area, there was a site that was mentioned in an earlier thread that is awesome and the lake articles that Tyler wrote on the site are coming with me too. Since I'm not really a lake fisherman, I'm hoping to learn a lot from the experts that will be out there!

Anyway I can't wait! See you guys next weekend! Thanks Roper!
Bill :beer2

#4 ·
Roper,

Wish I could be there, but I'll be dead in the middle of jerking apart my drive train, trying to replace my transfer case. Would like to take a rain check and bring my kids over. Will probably do the campground thing, but it would be great to meet up. I'll let you know. Should have my boat licensed by then too.

Matt Burke

#5 ·
I'm heading out at dawn on Thursday to attack the mountain passes and reach Ell Lake about breakfast time. Mid afternoon I will mosey north towards some of those little zipper-lipped waters that Roper mentioned. Hope to pull into the ranch mid morning on Friday and lend a hand to any last minute preps for the big event.
Wannacutt Lake is the the birthplace of my Bloodshot Carey and I am really anxious to take it "home" and see if it still interest those high jumping rainbows.
Looking forward to fishing with you guys and maybe learning some new lake tricks. See you there, Ive

#6 ·
I keep trying to make up my mind on this one. Being that from where I'm at to there is about 1000 miles the way I go(I like to wander) and the price of gas it scares the hell out of me. But if I do decide it will have to be a tuesday wednesday thing. Only days wife will let me go.It's the truth.Besides I have to get home to take a shower because after a few days out in the wilds we all start to stink.LOL

Jim

P/S I think that I'm losing my mind,but what does OHF 2 stand for. When you get as old as BobL and me we can't think of any catchy sayings anymore.

#12 ·
I vaguely remember a comment from Dry Falls: someone asked if Chris was running a hatchery out there.

It made me laugh, I think.:smokin

An early congratulations are in order here.

Andy

#14 ·
I hope all you single guys learn from what Chris is getting to do. You poke a little fun at the opposite sex and it can get you into hot water and cut into your fishing time real bad. But other than that.

Congrats Chris. Hope you can squeeze out some time for fishing this summer.

Jim

#15 ·
The girlfriend actually made a comment about the whole spawning issue (as I like to call it) the other day when we were driving back from grocery shopping. I just about went off the road! I love kids, just as long as they're not mine, but I suppose... I'll be 30 next year...
What in the hell am I saying!:D

#17 ·
Congrats Chris!

Well I've made it back from South America, 5 months and over 14,000 miles of traveling later. I'm down here in Florida right now doing some snook fishing for four days. I'll be flying back into Seattle on the night of the 14th and Bhudda is giving me a ride out to Roper's, so look forward to seeing you guys there! I'm broke as hell so I'll trade stories for beers :) Looking forward to catching up...

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/
http://www.patagonia-expedition.org/

"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."

- Jack Kerouak

#18 ·
I'm glad that you made it back from South America all safe and sound.
I'm looking forward to meeting with you, and I will definitely trade you a few beers for some killer stories.
I cant get your patagonia website to open up. Whats up with that?:smokin

#19 ·
While I was down here some idiot hacked my server and I lost the Patagonia Expedition website (I have backups but wasn't worth the effort to get back up), was able to get Worldanglr.com back up thanks to Chris, but we're still working on getting the photos up. I have over 107 photos (out of over 2000 that we took) to post, but www.patagonia-expedition.org will no longer be back up, you'll be able to view the photos on Worldanglr.com. I'll let you guys know when I get the new photo galleries up... Good reminder though, I'll take that old link off my profile. See ya there!

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/
http://www.patagonia-expedition.org/

"Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life."

- Jack Kerouak

#21 ·
Congratulations Chris! and welcome home Ryan! Glad you didn't get mugged down in the bush...Is anybody leaving the Seattle area Friday afternoon/evening and returning Sunday night? Would love to carpool. Jabseattle, you going? Andy, your in Eastern Wa ..... Bhudda? Backyard? Mulligan?...is there anybody out there?

~B
:beer2

#22 ·
Congratulation Chris on the soon to be new addition to the family.

Hey B,

I'm always around, but it looks like I will not be attending OHF 2 due to family commitment on Sunday afternoon.:beathead :bawling I tried every which way I know to get out of it and thought about even coming out after it for a few days, but driving up there and back within 2 weeks doesn't fit the budget.

I'll be back up that way on the night of June 2nd to June 6th if you or anyone else wanted to go back up than. That's an open invite to anyone that can't make the OHF 2 or that wants to go to that area again during that time frame. Base camp will most likely be Chopaka.

Save some JT's for me, have fun as I will be sitting home jealous as hell as I really wanted to see Roper's place. x(

#24 ·
Mulligan and Tightline
I sent you an email. Let me know what your schedules look like, maybe we can accomodate some kind of ride-share, there are a lot of options out there....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.