curiosity on the Wallace river/upper Skykomish

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by spicolli140, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    they have been thick this year. Seems noticeably worse each season.

2. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Had my window busted out last month and wallet stolen on the sky. Last time I leave my wallet in the car. I'm just thankful they didn't get the rod and reel I had in the back. I can think of a lot better things to spend 200 bones on than a new window...

3. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

had my bad experience on the lower snohomish last fall.
    guys Do NOT leave anything in your rigs. its just asking for trouble. troutdope sorry to hear that. have parked around that location this winter myself. it seems the tweakers are on the prowl more and more.

4. spicolli140

spicolli140 Member

Well Atleast your rigs were raided on the river. They got 1000$ worth of rods, my spey set up (stolen right around the 1 year mark) and a7wt single hand that was a friends first salmon set up that he gifted to me for my first setup so that had sentimental value that had no price tag, stolen right out in front of my house, I almost cried

5. troutdopemagic

troutdopemagic Active Member

I'm not sure what they tried to get out of my car, I always keep it spotless of anything visible. I'm assuming they were going to either take the whole car or whatever parts they could scavenge. I guess my alarm made sure they didn't get that far. Fortunately for them, they didn't get to meet my friends Smith and Wesson along the way.

anyways, in my experience as long as you get away from spots that are easy to access to the average gear guy, or that take some effort getting to, you can usually fish in relative solitude on the river, then it's just assholes in jet boats that you have to contend with. Which, it would appear, is everyone who owns a jet boat.

6. Jim B

Jim B Active Member