dan craft catalog

Discussion in 'Rod Building' started by Aaron Banks, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Aaron Banks

Aaron Banks Member

2. Aaron Banks

Aaron Banks Member

Got a copy.

Thanks

3. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

I'll take a copy of that catalog. I've been waiting for his site to open, he posted on rodbuilders.org that his site should open soon. I want to build a 7 weight with one of his rods.

Wayne

4. Jim Fitz

Jim Fitz Member

Wayne,

I tried but determined I was too dumm to attach the file.:beathead:

I would go to his website and grab his e-mail address and shoot him the request or simply call him. He responds fast if he isn't fishing. The last catalog I have is 2005 and doesn't have the new prices and new blanks (FTLs). He e-mailed me those lists separately last year.

Just finished my 8' 3wt. FTL and it very nice/fast. Need to post pictures at some point.

5. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Thanks Jim. Aaron was able to send me the catalog. I tried e-mailing Dan a couple of months ago and never got a response. I think I'll try again. I'd like to get his opinion about getting a 9 1/2 vs 10 ft blank to build on.

Wayne

6. Jim Fitz

Jim Fitz Member

Good for Aaron. I also just built a Dan Craft FT 10' 7wt. I pondered the difference between a 9' and 10' before I decided on this blank. I wanted to increase casting distance for SRCs on the salt and summer SH on NW rivers. As was pointed out to me, a 10' will increase casting distance over a 9' because the tip speed is higher as is true with a 100' rod over a 2' rod. The downside is the longer rod is obviously heavier and will cause your arm to burst into flames faster. In a year or two I will have decided if I made the best choice. I agree that you should talk to Dan. Good luck with your choice.