Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Craft Ftl 6wt 6pc Travel Rod

FS 
804 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  MakoML 
#1 ·
SOLD - pending payment

This Dan Craft FTL 9' 6wt 6pc fly rod has been fished for a week total and is in like new condition. Top quality components and workmanship. I have since built another FTL 6wt rod for personal use with a different grip shape, guides and reel seat so this one is for sale.

Struble U-22 reel seat with birdseye maple insert, Struble 7.5" full wells grip & fighting butt, Fuji Alconite stripping guides and 7mm top, PacBay Minima running guides, Olive thread wraps, folding hook keeper. Also included is a matching extension section which extends the rod to 10' 2" long. I have fished it with the extension and it makes a fantastic Indicator Nymphing rod.

Rod has CCS ERN of 6.49, AA of 66, meaning it casts very nicely at typical 6wt distances with a WF6 line with a medium fast taper and quick recovery. This rod is a great streamer / hopper rod for the bigger Western Rivers. It shoots line effortlessly and smoothly.

The 9' rod weighs 3.79 ounces, and balances nicely in the grip with a very light reel like a Lamson Litespeed 2. The rod has a very low perceived swing weight. It is a USA made 57 million modulus blank with carbon scrim, and casts like a 2pc rod. The rod sections are only 20" each making for a very easy to pack travel rod.

I'll let it go for $175 shipped - "rod only". It will ship in a rigid ABS tube. I am also open to partial trades on Winston BIIX 8'6" 4wt and 9' 6wt factory rods with wood reel seats.

PM me if you are interested.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.