DASH POINT WFF GATHERING 8/8

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Sean Beauchamp, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    where the hell did you get mugged? and who picks a fight with a 300lb manbearpig?

2. jcalderon

jcalderon Member

I will explain sooner than later, im really going to need some convincing to go to that shat show, why dont you come up north evan?

3. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

If the guy you saw sitting on the log was a dashing, devilishly handsome, distinguished in appearance with graying hair and with slight traces of black still showing, gray goatee and reddish moustache with tinges of gray, wearing a bluish, plaidish shirt and glasses.....like the "Dos Equis man"(except for the glasses)....'prolly not me!....just kidding....nice to meet you, Ron. :D Maybe next time we'll have more conversation....it's a small beach!

Glad you enjoy the fishing. I enjoy fishing too....but not the idiots. Probably why you were waay down the beach! :thumb:

Jc :)

4. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

I'll probibly be there on Saturday but, call me an unsocial bastard or whatever you would like but when you all are saying hello, I'll be somewhere along the beach catching fish. I will however have a fly or two to trade.

5. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Nice fish E. I threw my sabots in the machinery today so to speak, so I'm free to carpool and fishpool Saturday again.

6. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    not possible during the week because of work. after this weekend, it's fully in my plans to head up that way often

7. jcnewbie

jcnewbie Member

Evan: We should have a contest for the knottiest, gnarliest, twisted tailng loops & wind knots....should be fun!.....I'd win though....:beathead::beathead::eek:

Jc :rofl:

8. Arthur Vakulchik

Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

you guys wont stand a chance against me! there would be no competition! ;)

arthur

9. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    sadly i'm going to have to take a raincheck. i'm just not going to be able to make it happen tomorrow morning

10. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    alright, i might be going now

i confuse even myself sometimes

11. Mike (Doc) LaCombe

Mike (Doc) LaCombe Member

I drove over to the BP and DP this evening just to see how to get there and where to park. At BP there was quite a few folks along the beach but I saw no fly fishermen. Quite a few fish were caught South fo light house.

Drove over to DP and looked it over. Parking lot was full of course. Again I saw no fly fishermen and no fish caught during the time I was there. It appears that the DP beach is better for fly casting, but two fly shops told me to go to BP.

I have my brother-in-law visiting from Michigan and he only has tomorrow to fish. I would like to give him a good shot at a few fish. Anyone have an opinion between the two places.

Mike

12. 1fishkeeper

1fishkeeper New Member

Mike it was good talking to you in the parking lot today. I was the one with the white truck just getting ready to go fishing. And after buzzing and bombing them for a bit I pulled out the fly rod for a few mins after some of the croud started to leave. But I didnt get anything just some fresh greens on the end of my line. There were a few out there jumping though. But just no action on the end of my line.

13. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    i had two buddies fish at dash yesterday and said it was definitely the slowest day yet. it means today can only be better though

14. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Any reports from the gathering yet??

15. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    Sean hooked one when he first got there, and caused a too close for comfort encounter with a seal. I left at 8:30 because of obligations, so I'm not sure of the success after that. The tide wasn't ideal for first light. I'm sure it picked up on the outgoing.