Dave Scadden vs Watermaster

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Steezn290, Mar 12, 2013.

?

Which Boat is better?

Poll closed Apr 23, 2013.
  1. Watermaster Kodiak

62.9%
  2. Dave Scadden Rampage

37.1%
  1. pdev

pdev Salmon On the Fly

I wonder why i got treated so well??

Greg Armstrong likes this.
  2. pdev

pdev Salmon On the Fly

Blue this guy is a kid, I wouldn't let him bother me if I were you. I will not respond to any more of his posts.

3. Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas Active Member

Huh !!

4. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

Thanks... Ill be a kid any time... Means I have more energy to catch more fish! :)

5. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

Blue- I hear you are in scadden's videos? I guess he just puts random people in those.

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

We've drifted far off took and into the personal. Use a conversation for those discussions. I'm not asking.

7. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!

8. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

Sorry wont happen again.

9. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

The conversation is good on many levels. The personal leve detracts from the discussion on boats and service.

10. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:
    I send pictures of me and my husband on HIS boats, There are many others on there. Anyone can do this. what is your problem with this?
    You say you are after my credibility, FOR WHAT! I don't make them, I don't sell them, I am just one person that has owned several and recommend them.

11. Steezn290

Steezn290 Member

I think you are justified to have your opinion on Dave's boats, but your opinion on customer service should not be taken seriously by anyone who is thinking of purchasing a boat from NFO. I'm not saying that because your opinion isn't justified, I'm saying that because your obviously going to get better customer service than the blow joe out there who has no idea who he is.

CMustang1 and Jerry Daschofsky like this.
  12. Fishinbeatsworkin

Fishinbeatsworkin Member

Since this thread was originally about Watermaster vs. Scadden boats, I'll post my initial review of my assault xx. I had read & was aware of the complaints regarding NFO's customer service problems but I had also noticed that most people liked the boats. Being on a budget I kept searching craigslist, fly boards etc for a used boat. I found an ad with a guy wanting to sell a WM Kodiak & another ad with a guy selling the assault xx. They were both about a 3 hour drive from my house but in opposite directions. Both boats were essentially brand new. I made them both offers. The guy with the WM wasn't in a hurry to sell & was firm on his price. The guy with the assault was ready to sell. I drove out & the boat was brand new, never put in the water & just purchased at a fly show earlier this year. I didn't hesitate to buy it. It also helped that I got it for $800 less than the "show special".

Anyways, I took it out for the first time this past weekend. it took me about 20 minutes to get it set up & on the water. I was pleased at how well it scooted across the water. My previous experience had been in a Trinity Outcast float tube that I have been using for the last 8 years. I was getting tired of the long slow kicks back in at the end of the day. The Assault XX was way quicker getting from point a to point b. I only have the stock aluminum oars but they worked fine. The boat was long enough that i could have two rods rigged up & lay them beside me out of the way. I have the adjustable Force Fins & it was no harder maneuvering the boat with them than my float tube.In the afternoon the wind picked up & I was still able to scoot thru the waves with no problem.

Overall, I found the boat to be well made & have no complaints. It worked great for my intended purposes.

All that being said, if the guy with the Kodiak had responded first, I would have bought it & posted a review of how it worked out.

13. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong OldRodsHaveMoreFun

So I guess that makes me a "blow Joe" who went in eyes wide open and aware of possible issues, and am satisfied with both the boat as well as the service I received from Scadden.
    I believe (as others here and elsewhere obviously do as well) that it's important to relate the good experiences on an open forum such as this.

14. PT

PT Physhicist

Nope, just makes you a satisfied customer. Nobody is saying that most people aren't completely satisfied customers or a person should be ashamed to buy from them. They seem to make a great product and get it right the vast majority of the time. Only reason I chimed in early in this thread was because it seemed some people went after the messenger rather than just taking it for what it is. A company that could use some work delivering on what it promises. That's all.

Glad you like your boat, as you should. Design on many seems to be pretty awesome.

15. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong OldRodsHaveMoreFun

PT,

I think we just agreed to agree...