Dead Boat

I vaguely recall a picture of this boat from last summer - perhaps on another board. The wreck is located on Oregon’s Deschutes River above Maupin. More specifically, it’s about a ½ mile below Buck Skin Mary Rapids. Does anybody know the story behind the wreck? When did happen, where did swamp, etc?

OOps! Gues they didnt see the rock jetting out. Arent Clack's supposed to have a lifetime warrenty? I am gonna get my buddies jet sled and salvage that drifter outta there! :)

I have never noticed it there.

Ty

Loteck Joe

Over The Hill Gang Member
bawling: You save up forever trying to buy something of quality for yourself and "Stuff Happens."
I got the same sour feeling in my stomach looking at that boat, as I did when I broke my first bamboo rod.
I pray the anglers survived.

i did one guided float from warm springs to maupin and seem to remember(it's been a few years) a big rapid called white horse rapids??? maybe. our guide told us that stretch eats a couple boats every year. he said they do recon once a year to get any wrecks out of the river. there unfortunately was what looked like a real nice wood boat wrecked against the rocky bank following that rapid that we saw.

Josh Benjamin said:
i did one guided float from warm springs to maupin and seem to remember(it's been a few years) a big rapid called white horse rapids??? maybe. our guide told us that stretch eats a couple boats every year. he said they do recon once a year to get any wrecks out of the river. there unfortunately was what looked like a real nice wood boat wrecked against the rocky bank following that rapid that we saw.

This boat was perhaps 10 miles below White Horse. It wouldn’t surprise me if that is where it swamped.