Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Deception Pass

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Caveman 
#1 ·
Any reports from Deception Pass???? I was thinking about hitting it off the beach...have not seen any reports from that area...Might be nice to get out and scope some stuff out this weekend...Thanks!

#13 ·
They weren't quite shoulder-to-shoulder at Ala Spit on Sunday morning... but the parking lot was full and parked back up the road a ways. I launched my kayak at 6AM in the fog and had a great time for several hours. I found the school I was looking for, anchored at the edge and cast into them. Eventually I just thought what the heck... anchored in the middle of the school and didn't bother casting anymore - just flipped the fly out. There were Pinks finning, jumping and rolling in 360 degrees around me. Quite amazing, like being in an aquarium watching them swim under and around me. I don't think they're all waiting to go up the Skagit. From what my friends told me they're doing just fine up in the river too. But that was Sunday... and now it might be elbow to armpit - at least from the shore. Not many out in boats where I was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.