desert backpacking + fishing

Discussion in 'Camping, Hiking, Cooking' started by troutcatcher6, Jul 20, 2010.

1. troutcatcher6

troutcatcher6 New Member

anyone know of any good trails that offer a good nice long backpack, while also offering good fishing? i'm looking for places anywhere in eastern washington. thanks! :thumb:

2. SAVE STILLY NATES

SAVE STILLY NATES Banned or Parked

I would consider Schaefer lake. Its a beautiful hike and a lot of fish but if you go make sure you have plenty of bug spray!!!!! Pm for more info on the hike if interested.

3. slim

slim Fish or Ski...Fish or ski....fish!

I know you said Eastern WA. but 2 of my favorite trail/river hikes are the Selway and St Joe. I don't hike much in WA due to amount of people that infiltrate the good areas, but you can always check 101 Hikes of the Inland NW by Rich Landers. PM me if you want some great lakes in North Idaho to hike to.

4. Grant Richie

Grant Richie Member

Home Page:
    How desert like are you looking for? A river running through sand? Scabrock and sagebrush? Or will anywhere that you wont get rained on this time of year qualify?

5. Shapp

Shapp Active Member

A wilderness river that is mostly in Or but partly in Wa that starts with a W

6. Grant Richie

Grant Richie Member

Home Page:
    There are other good hike in places around here besides the one that starts with a W and ends with a ha. There is one that sarts with an I and ends with a ha. One that sarts with a M and ends with a m. Another that starts with a P and ends with a r. :) There are a few others that I could recommend as well, it just depends on the type of fishing a person wants to do, and how much hiking a person wants to do.

7. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

desert seep lakes over just west of the Potholes. I believe the turn off is road C.

Have fun with the slog thru the sand. I never did like it.