Desk Lamp Review

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by DanielOcean, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DanielOcean

DanielOcean Active Member

Wanted to let all of you in on an absolute gem. It took me 3 years to buy a dedicated fly tying lamp.

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like in packaging when you go looking for it.

[​IMG]
    Un-boxed the light is simple with just the lamp itself and a large power adapter. The reason I took a picture of the adapter was to show you that you may need to move some things around in order to fit this thing onto whatever plug you are using.
    The following pictures you can see the full flexibility of the stem which feels like a very thick tacky rubber when handled.
    [​IMG]
    The bulb itself appears to contain many quality large emitters that balance and distribute solid light perfectly, and efficiently.
    [​IMG]
    The power plugs into a simple jack on the base of the lamp and is accompanied by two USB ports for whatever you need a USB port for.
    [​IMG]
    The lamp's output is adjusted by this touch bar seen below. Each dot is the lights brightness levels, and the top buttons adjust the light's tone. Want to know how adjustable this is? Lets just say that playing with this and finding the soft tones, bright tones, warm, and cool temperatures reminded me of when I was calibrating my Samsung TV. The point? You are guaranteed to find your light tone of choice at the brightness you prefer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Each picture above had a different setting selected. It is very noticeable when in person. This is an amazing lamp, and purchased from Costco; A company that stands by the products they sell. This similar lamp at JoanFabric is $100.00+. I guess you all are wanting to know how much this one is huh?

[​IMG]

2. Bruce Baker

Bruce Baker Active Member

I saw that lamp when I was there the other day and passed on it. Nice to hear an actual review about it.

3. Norm Frechette

Norm Frechette Googlemeister

Home Page:
    no but some viewable photos or a brand name would be nice

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  4. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

DO, the photos came through for me.

5. Buzzy

Buzzy Active Member

Ditto, I thought DO was getting @Old406Kid to post pictures ;)

Ron McNeal likes this.
  6. DanielOcean

Strange the photos only come through for some. I'm not techy enough to fix it. @Chris Scoones any advice?

7. Tacoma Red

Tacoma Red Active Member

What is the brand name? Costco.com has 2 such lamps

8. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

Hope this helps, ( I'm just as challenged as @DanielOcean on posting pics)
    20171124_203245.jpg
    He said from Costco.

John Parker, Buzzy and Tacoma Red like this.
  9. Bugsy

Bugsy Active Member

The price is certainly good. Unfortunately, the reviews on costco.com aren't that glowing for that lamp. Hope yours doesn't suffer the same issue.

10. Chris Scoones

Chris Scoones Administrator Staff Member

Not sure why it's doing that but from a web guy, the google content link (what he's using) is stupid long (see below) and that suggests the viewing of it is permission based. (Some logged in to Google may be able to see it) If though it's a forum software thing after all, luckily I've got an easy fix coming in the form of a major forum upgrade (X.x, not just 1.x) and I expect it'll get fixed then. That upgrade is 1-2 weeks out.

Code:
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/fwKk37raEr18uiK1xOis-PeaGF3oxo6TuGXDPxboDlFsMqBBCD-_TFJCID_ZEiqewu7TeEebfJilaVao7KmXmjGS9q8K8MlhVwnG0qe0lRu-sroezCQ5RrpxWKpF0hPOcs1myfSBBy7bJZSs1LO60BbXmJxwXHSR002vT4jEWrZnL9OtG8FugOCsq-s_6Onkxy-0Uw58VZ8Q0QbuBcHPqS5l3cpQHpfpKBgWQ57aqKyfpnswCWV7ht0nuRqjNIxx9NirCFshvjRfcH3khKUlh0RfcF1dbVGF6xVyh4pEhLJ54lh-7rbCUWBkqGfUU25w9HIYQW0-l3g02xYj5HD-tg81YqEDmiYHECUpMHDjpcxahw_ewVOpin_ud8YIz1Lu8wo7QoPK3w43XQ4vuvjSxlrhn5dcGuu85TRU1izxdRy8dLgHeBXmLHU4Fmb9HXeGQCQIdMvkTDY4TM19i3RvCtEHjg23SmorlOwLP_0_piIF0rc0_uxU9j2fnoVbiokXJ5jGZaGhajbJPKW71sOWVsFUAsituLClwhAS_Iih9otao1Pdz9876sPwYVsPhDFE0HFBF87pTFDt-p3MYykQadEoTd00Tg9vfA0=w478-h637-no

11. Bimini15

Bimini15 Active Member

Of all things, a lamp is the one I would not buy without glowing reviews.

PhilR likes this.
  12. DanielOcean

So far my experience has been glowing:rolleyes:

WonkyWapiti and Old406Kid like this.