Does everybody smoke pot?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Panhandle, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Home Page:
    I think that for obvious reasons, you're not going to get the answer you seek on a public forum of this type

2. Slipstream

Slipstream Active Member

With all due respect, this is America. We can always buy a new one! lol

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

iagree In the most part. I still have all I was born with. Gonna get to that big 75 tomorrow. All that is missing is about 1/2 inch of skull.

Jim

4. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Happy Birthday Old Man! 75 is nothin to sneeze at!

5. RRivera

RRivera Member

Have a hard time threading a #22 dry and focus on its drift........I get into the fishing mode zone as long as I keep reminding myself that I am in the river fishing.

6. doublespey

doublespey Steelhead-a-holic

"None of that shit grows back once you fuck it up. You're on your own."

Very true Ive!! It's also heard that "Good Judgement comes from Experience . . . and most of that comes from Bad Judgement"

Most of us aren't lucky enuf to have had that good judgement in our younger years so we pay for it later ~

Damn Pan - you sure are judgemental for a Deadhead! ;)

Peace,

Brian

7. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

Ive I was doing a backpacking trip a few years ago. Came across four fellows on Quads, they were smoking and overweight, nice guys. But, after talking to them I told them I was 62 and they said, "you can hike 15 miles at 62?" They were in their fifties, smoked, drank, and didn't exercise and they all had lung and heart problems. Illegal drug use, drinking beyond sensible moderation, and smoking are not conducive to good health in your senior years. Their doctors had told them their life expectancy was only 70 years and they were closing in fast and all said they wished they had lived a cleaner lifestyle. I'm so grateful I never started smoking or drinking, I exercise by walking about 6 - 8 miles everyday. Try not to overeat and it has served me well. I climbed Mt. Adams when I was 61. Ive, you are right on!
    (So straighten up. Stop polluting your organs with dope, tobacco and crappy food. Be kind to your heart, kidneys, lungs and brain. None of that shit grows back once you fuck it up. You're on your own.)

Keith

8. 1morecast

1morecast Active Member

I'm in the same boat. We were told if a deer runs out and we hit it, we get tested. My reply was maybe you should test the deer.

Pan, does this informal poll have anything to do with the new Aussie report that the long term use of marijuna can lead to : (1) The increased risk of devolping hallucinations, "do you see that pig, he's right there gota be over 20." (2) Delusions and psychosis; " All the fish I land are over 20, all on dries, which is the only way to fish, which makes me a god."

We don't have that kind of crap in flyfishing..........:beer1:

9. ryan2202

ryan2202 Member

Referring back to How any people smoke...I'd had to agree! I know many people, young and old who smoke weed. The younger people do it more for a social aspect, some never grow out of it. The older guys I'm sure started out the same way, more as a social aspect, but now its preferred over drinking. I see the same amount from both young and old. I don't get involved in the stuff, but everyone has their addiction...some addiction just can help you live longer then others. My addiction is sports...the rush of competition thrills, excites, and calms me all at the sametime...

10. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Home Page:
    Smokin' weed is just an excuse to eat Nacho Cheese Doritos.

11. jmwfish224

jmwfish224 You know what it is!

Why smoke when you could just catch steelhead? Besides, fly fishing is expensive enough...

12. wetfeet

wetfeet Member

I puff from time to time. Just two or three puffs is all i need and it puts a whole new perspective on things. Much more than that and it just stupefies me. Not to mention it's kinda a family tradition. By all means it should be legalized. Nothin wrong with a little R&R. I look at it the same way as any other intoxicant, moderation is key...... although i could use a little more practice moderating with alcohol. Thing is, drugs (alcohol too) are a mental vacation. like vacations, if your there all the time it is no longer vaccation.

13. oldskool

oldskool Guest

I tried it once, but never inhaled.

14. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Pan,

We run in different circles I guess. None of the people I fish with partake, excepting a few.

I attended college in the late 60s, early 70s, and the use rate was around 85% or so when I was at UW. When I began raising a family, I could hardly afford beer, let alone pot, so I became a responsible citizen. Still am, most of the time. Since I favor the legalization of any and all drugs, that includes pot. Declaring drugs illegal hasn't done society any good, and if all drugs were legal, the crime rate would practically disappear. But I'm getting off topic. Since I'm a non-smoker, I've never been a big pot user, but I've enjoyed it from time to time.

Sg

15. thewaker

thewaker Tight line takes ain't no fakes!!

Adam,

Ah....... the Dead years. They were fun from what I remember.

I definitely inhaled......... for about 20 years straight!!!!!

Then I just got to the point where I was like, why am I doing this again? Just got to be a habit that I didn't even think about. It was just like breathing for me.

Gave it up long ago and haven't missed it at all.

I breathe a lot easier now. And I remember stuff too!

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.