Doug Rose: A Celebration of a Life Well Lived and Fished

Steve Rohrbach

Puget Sound Fly Fisher
Sunday April 7, 2013 at 1PM
Come and share a chance to talk and tell stories about Doug with his Friends!

Meet at Indian Island Park, Scenic Route 116 , across from Entrance To Naval Base Port Hadlock, wa. 98339.

Please bring: your own lunch and beverage for yourself and extra if you would like to share, your rod and reel and your version of a Keta Rose or a fly of your choice with name and contact information.

Indian Island and Marrowstone Island were places that Doug often fished for Sea-Run Cutthroat and Coho Salmon.

See you Sunday
Friends of Doug Rose
DSC03453 2-1.JPG

Jim Wallace

Smells like low tide.
I'll be there, even though I'll likely end up roping myself with my wild wrong-armed casting!
That's a nice beach for this.
I think I'm missing two of the ingredients for the Keta Rose, but I'll try to get some.
Hairline UV minnow belly, and pale blue bucktail.
Re-reading Steve's original post, I see that its OK to tie a different pattern. Hmmmmm.

Rob Ast

Jim,

I didn't have the buck tail either, but you're only using a few strands. I subbed in some light blue craft fur. As for the minnow belly - UV crystal flash would be fine, or any other white/pearl/clear synthetic fiber with a bit of flash.

Rob

Bob Triggs

Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
Jeff Delia asked me to remind you all to bring your own folding chairs that day, maybe an extra if you have one too. That will help.

Jeff Delia asked me to remind you all to bring your own folding chairs that day, maybe an extra if you have one too. That will help.
Doug had made reference to an old beach log that was a special spot to him and others. I think I know the one as it's a special spot for me as well. Maybe we could place some kind of memorial there as a rememberance to him. Any ideas out there?