Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Dove

657 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Philster 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of trying the Brewster/Pateros area for dove this year...read a few old posts here and there about WDFW planting wheat and that the numbers were decent, however, this was a 'few' years ago.

This being my first time ever chasing them I'm not familiar at all with how or where to hunt them. So any advice would be great...

#2 ·
I haven't hunted dove in this state. But back in california we would just get permission to walk farmers fields and almond orchards. Orchards were best because it was easy to find downed birds. As long as we were willing to shoot every rabbit we saw, they'd let us wingshoot all we wanted.:thumb:

#3 ·
"As long as we were willing to shoot every rabbit we saw, they'd let us wingshoot all we wanted"

The burden of private land hunting! I once was told I could grouse hunt if I shot a pesky bear :hmmm: At the time I only had a scatter gun...opted out of the deal.

#5 ·
"As long as we were willing to shoot every rabbit we saw, they'd let us wingshoot all we wanted"

The burden of private land hunting! I once was told I could grouse hunt if I shot a pesky bear :hmmm: At the time I only had a scatter gun...opted out of the deal.
Hmmm... Sounds like I had a better deal :rofl::rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.