Dry Falls again anyone?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by bhudda, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Your telling me it is getting hard to do. Went with Matt the other day and to get to the river took about 20 minutes down this twisting path. After we got to the river it was about a mile to the head of the pool which that is where Matt went. When we broke out of the woods it was about 200 yards to the river. Well to make a long story short. That walk took it all out of me. And when we were done I had to walk it all back to the car. So I try to keep up with the kiddies but sometime it just doesn't seem possible.That's about the only thing Ihate about getting on in years. Those damn long walks.:beathead

Jim

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I have been using them Scud hooks. Used up my 10's and now I'm using 12's. Tied some up on 18's on dry fly hooks. Man are those hooks small. Will go pick up a few packs of hooks soon Scud hooks in size 14,16,18. 20 is to small for me to see without special glasses.

Jim

3. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Home Page:
    schmokin'reel!!!!

Jim ill come up with a scooter, like the medi-care ones, but with all the options and a pole holder for ya, maybe even a winch for those times in the mudd. im thinking single track paths to the river with emergency phones along the way, lunch served at noon:p

4. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Home Page:
    I will be well stocked with these bad boys so if you cant figure it out...I will have extras. I personally prefer them in a 14 or a 12. The Jim beam I definately tie in a 12, sometimes even a 10. This combo is awesome and has yet to NOT produce fish for me??

Scott...sorry...havent kept up on the "omens" thread?? I know what I believe in and it has nothing to do with omens so I havent paid much attention?? I will have to devise a new name for you }(

~Patrick ><>

5. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Home Page:
    Hey Jim...why didnt you just hop on Matt's back and enjoy a piggy back ride?? :dunno Im sure Matt wouldnt mind??

LIGHTBULB!!! Hey Roper/backyard...in your new line of business, devise a scooter that works like a amphibious machine with fishing in mind....stripping net, pole holder, beer holder, standing platform, oversize offroad tires, depth finder mount, anchor mount, etc... Something old man could use...just throw on a helmet and drive from camp to the lake....The picture I envision is making my stomach hurt from laughing :rofl

~Patrick ><>

6. Bart

Bart New Member

I'm in.

Bart

7. XstreamAngler

XstreamAngler ...has several mistresses.

Home Page:
    Old Man and the Lawless one are welcome in my drift boat and I will even work the oars, now how is that for helping out your elders, keeps them old twigs of yours from being cold and better yet, you don't have to do squat but sit there. Hell, I will even bring the Bellevue rain shelter for the boat in case it gets a bit wet, sorry, no propane heater for the Xship! The only catch is that I do NOT want to see an empty beer or glass in the two's of you's hands!

SAK
    Xstream

8. ibn

ibn Moderator

Home Page:
    I'm in for sure, never fished anywhere east of the cascades in WA. I might even have some home brew cranked out by then.

-I :beer1

9. Crump

Crump Member

If we do this during the first two weeks or march, Im in. After that I have a date with the high north...Bristol bay, here I come!!!
    This will be a nice break after catching big Montana browns with pwoens a few weeks prior...
    I'll bring the flies!!Pat can bring the materials.

crump:thumb

10. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Sorry Crump, but Dry Falls doesn't open till April 1st. Bristo huh...I dream about those Bows.

BTW I think I have the double bunny barrel head thing down. Thanks for the info.

11. Crump

Crump Member

sorry, I meant april, april, so I can go??
    Im taking off april 15...

12. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Well I'll be there early on and then again come the big meeting.

With this many folks heading over, I'll bet we could do it twice.

13. bhudda

bhudda heffe'

Home Page:
    schmokin'reel!!!!

JUST A HEADS UP- i think the dates should be changed to 9th to 11th of april because of a "lakes opening happening that weekend (23-25th) so better accomadations and space would be available 9-11th i hope this works with everybody.

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Would you please make up your mind. Being that I'm retired I have to make plans on where the hell I 'm going to with all of my free time. It's pure hell trying to plan fishing trips. So much free time and so little left. Those dates might even work out better for me:thumb

Jim

15. gotchasr

gotchasr Member

Hmmm...I'll still be going the 23-25, but if I can work it out I'll go the 9-11 too.