Dry Falls Get Together 2009?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Bill Dodd, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Tyler Sadowski

Tyler Sadowski Active Member

I was there last weekend fishing was a little slow I managed 5 in 2 days. Most were chrono fishing over by the island and some doing pretty well but I think the overall consensus was it was slow. Some fish were milling around the rock walls acting like they wanted to spawn. It should pick up soon though.

2. Chris Reagan

Chris Reagan Member

Alright, I'm in. Can anyone hook me up with some 411 on the camping? Or any other info, this will be my first time at Dry Falls, or on a dry side lake in general. Will I need just enough whiskey for myself, or should I bring some extra?:beer2: Are there grills at the camp? I should be getting out there around noon on Friday. Man, I am jacked for this!

3. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

ill be showing up probably at 8 or so. ill have my grill and a giant cooler. bring your vices gentlemen.

4. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I need an INTEL report. Is it possible to bring a tent trailer and family and put them nearby? Is there anything besides fishing Dry Falls to be done in the area so that I might be able to successfully position myself around fishing? Still a longshot, but trying to get those planets in alignment.

5. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

rattlesnake hunting. fun for the whole family!

this time of year it really isnt nice enough for the kids to swim all day and ride bikes all over. sun lakes is kind of a summertime destination.

if the forecast calls for 80 degree heat then maybe.

6. Bill Dodd

Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Mumbles.
    you can bring a tent trailer and stay at Sun Lakes SP and yes there is RFC near, But other than fishing, hiking, and sun shine not much more to do I know of.

Bill.

:thumb:

7. Ed Call

Thanks gents. Lowers the probablity of attending, but no need to all show for me to have fun with you crazy bastards while they suffer.

8. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Take the kids to see the spawning fish down the road on way there. Take the family to the caves. Let the wife go to the spa in Soap Lake There is a visiter center above Dry Falls that explains the history of the area. Then there is always Electric City.

9. Ed Call

Now that is promising...I guess I have some homework to do.

10. Tim Morrison

Tim Morrison Member

i should be there around 6-7 pm friday i will bring a croquet set to set up a rad course for drunken night croquet its a blast, bring headlamps.

11. Couleeflyfisher

Couleeflyfisher Member

Don't overlook Park, Blue and Perch lakes for flyfishing. Dry Falls can be challenging, aka tough, but these other lakes should be very productive. They can be non-stop action, great with a light rod for 12-14" 'bows plus carryovers.

12. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

i think he was more worried about non fishing activities for the family while he is drinking, cussing, and not catching any fish with us.

13. Couleeflyfisher

Couleeflyfisher Member

Shopping in Moses Lake, Ephrata, browsing antique stores in Soap Lake. Masquers performance, "On Golden Pond", play in Soap Lake. Fine dining at Don's in Soap Lake, also as said above, everyone should take the trail to Lenore Caves. Some great exhibits at Dry Falls Interpretative Center, miniature golf and paddle boats for the kids, and regulation golf course Sun Lakes Resort.

14. Trent

Trent Ugly member

I get off of work friday at around 8:15 ish p.m. I'll head on over after work. I'll probably arrive around midnight or something, unless I get sidetracked.

15. Creatch'r

Creatch'r Heavies...

can i carpool with someone?

shit came up and im broke with POS car. i got gas $$$, flies, and spots. and who the shit is still going??

scoones said he might possibly make it out for a moment. ryan probably wont since hes slammed at work. tyler you still in??? tim. shit i know your in. Trent your in. Who is actually coming?

shit ive got monday off too.

RSVP by replying. Carp, bass, and trouts bitches. and drankin. :beer2: