DRY FALLS IV - FINAL - April 21, 22, & 23

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Mar 14, 2006.

1. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Damn man...Maybe we will hook up later this spring

2. Guy Gregory

Guy Gregory Active Member

OK, can a drysider who don't even know you guys show up, bring a few gallons of homebrew (are there any licensed beer disposal units arriving?) and fish with y'all for a couple of days? I need a break...

3. atomic dog

atomic dog Jive Turkey

Guyg,

Myself and I think at least a few others in here don't know any of these axe murderers either. My plan is to show up with beer in hand and to hope for the best. ptyd

A few gallons of homebrew might get you through the first night... :beer1:

4. jabseattle

jabseattle jabs

Guyg- Everyone is welcomed to our outings....

The outings are a great experience where you can fish and meet a lot of great people that share the same passion........I tend to fish more than socialize but this outing is usually one of the top highlight for the year.

Homebrew is the best:beer1:

5. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Hm meet stangers on the internet and go fishing with them. My first of these events it seemed like a strange thing to me as well and the first years they were a little wild but not really that bad and the conversation were very informitive as well. Heck my first Dry Falls trip I learned the start of how to tie flies from Back Yard and a few others. Not sure whether to thank them or curse them for that expensive hobbie now. The first two years of these events it was all men being men but starting last year not only did women start to show up but a few kids as well and the event has stayed one heck of a good time still.
    The Dry Falls trip are now a classic that Amie and I hope to be now coming to again, since she has now mostly recovered from the car wreck and we hope to have the truck back in time to go. She liked last year so well which for her was her first, that she keeps telling me we are going hell or high water. She is still a little mad that I went to the Yak trip with out her. I keep telling her if we do not have the truck back, we will not only have no way to bring the kayaks but no place to sleep. As long as the truck is repaired in time we should now be there. I just hope I can find my camping gear since most has been packed out of the way while the condo is getting work done to it by contractors. I should know one way or another by Tuesday of next week if we can make it.

6. HappyHooker

HappyHooker Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Home Page:
    Yeah, I hear that...Sure would be nice eh? I guess that's what retired folks do eh?

-Duke

7. toddsbernina

toddsbernina New Member

8. Jay Thacker

Jay Thacker Here fishy, fishy, fishy

I get to go now. So if any one is willing to split gas with me (or ride for flys) from my area I am willing to drive just pm me. This will be my first Dry Falls trip. So I am just slightly excited. I will try to bring some wood.

9. Nick Riggs

Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Sounds like fun. God damn asshole parents won't let me go. Don't they realize that there are more important things in life that school and work, like fishing?

10. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Don't knock the parents. They just don't know how important fly fishing is. There will always be another get together. Besides you are under age and you don't need to get caught up in all of the drinking that goes on at these things. Your folks are just trying to keep you in one piece.

Jim

11. Nick Riggs

Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Yeah, I know that thery're looking out for me, they were just being really unreasonable about how they said no. I wouldn't care if they just said no, but they decided to be dicks about it.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I'm 71 and have never in my life considered my parents to be dicks about anything. They might of been stern but not to where I would of called them dicks or any other name for any reason.

Jim

13. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Yeah, that seems harsh on mom and dad. I remember those days, but sometimes you gotta just go with it. Parents are always right...unless they're wrong.

14. Zen Piscator

Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Home Page:
    Ya its a bitch, any chance they will change their mind if somone your own age can vouche that their are usually more normal people than internet preditors at dry falls?

15. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Gotta step in and say something here, how'd you like to go live on the street? Your parents raise, house, feed, clothe, and put up with you. I wonder if they are calling you a goddamn asshole son...?

Think about it...:ray1: