Dry Falls Report

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by flyerman, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Caveman

Caveman Member

Ok I think the guy got the hint. Beat him up some more............... I am sure the fish lived.

2. Tony the Trout

Tony the Trout Member

Back to the fishing...Anyone been out there more recently?

3. tankiewiczj@kroybp.com

tankiewiczj@kroybp.com HPIC

All nets remove slime coat - truly the best release, with practice, is to never touch the fish at all. Simply use your hemo's to remove the hook and send them on their way. If they need revival of course you can gently hold the tail, but otherwise this is the best practice. I have been doing it for years - one less piece of cumbersome equipment.

Smokin' Reels!
    JT

4. Quan

Quan Super Fat Cat Float Tuber

Sorry to hi-jack the thread with the net thing but are those rubber nets considered knotless and are they better for the fish? Anyone who has used them, would you recommend them? I was thinking of getting one for the sheer fact that my knotless net right now reeks like hell and I thought the rubber net might remedy that problem.

5. Tony the Trout

Tony the Trout Member

Quan
    I recently got a rubber net and I LOVE it. 85% of the time the barbless hook will pop right out when I net the fish and I just flip the net over and watch it swim away. The hook never gets snagged in the material like in the soft cloth nets. And yes, they don't smell as bad after a day of catching fish. Cabela's sells a great one for about 50$.

6. Couleeflyfisher

Couleeflyfisher Member

Check the www.themeasurenet.com site, I ordered one of their standard nets and a replacement rubber net bag, look very nice. The replacement bags have a zipper and the 40 inch bag fit my net frame perfectly, replacing an older knotted bag. We've been using rubber nets for walleye fishing and they're a big improvement over nylon, etc. The long handle large net has nylon bag, telescoping handle and s'posed to float, should be great for fishing from pontoon. Prices very reasonable and $5.00 shipping was a pleasant surprise. The only downside is rubber net bags only offered as replacement bags, the complete nets have nylon bag but appear to be excellent material. I was suspicious of the zipper feature but it's great on my wooden bow frame.

7. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

iagree.....I have a long handled one for using in the Pram, best net I ever owned :thumb:

8. Quan

Quan Super Fat Cat Float Tuber

Hmm... looks like rubber is the way to go. Couple that with the fact a fiesty 19 'bow shredded through my current knotless net and it just may be time for a new Measurenet! :)

9. Paul Stavig

Paul Stavig Member

I bought a "fisknat" a couple years ago and love it! Lots of different styles to choose from. . .

http://www.fisknat.com/

10. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

Home Page:
    i picked up a rubber round net at the lacey cabelas for $20 and isn't advertised online. works great for the pram with the long handle. a little heavy but helps release fish unharmed since I don't even have to touch them.