Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Easy Rider

NFR 
2K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  Chris Johnson 
#1 ·
Is this not a classic or what ?
Jack is awesome !

#33 ·
Yah, I saw Blue Velvet, that was one strange movie.

#37 ·
I've never seen Ulee's Gold so maybe he was able to act in that one.

The others I've seen with him attempting act.... not so much.

His Dad could most certainly act, but Peter?.... I think his last name helped him land a lot of parts. But hey, maybe I should watch Ulee's Gold just to give him another chance.

Doesn't matter... Easy Rider was still a significant movie of the time regardless of the acting ability of Peter Fonda.

#39 ·
I think it's safe to say that that the movie resonates with (A) people who grew up in the 60's and (B) identified with the main characters in a way that it could never do for people for whom neither A nor B is true and doesn't really stand up on it's own as a film in a way that other classic films from that vintage and older do.

Having said that - I still enjoy lots of genuinely horrible music and movies from the 80's and 90's that I would probably find it impossible to listen to if I hadn't been growing up at the time and had them as a sort of acoustic/psychic background for that part of my life, so I can understand why people for whom A and B are true love the film.

#41 ·
Now might be a good time to ask people for whom A and B are true what, exactly, Fonda was trying to express when he said "We blew it man...we blew it..."

Was he talking about the entire counterculture movement, his entire generation, everyone living in the modern world, his filming budget, etc, etc, etc?

#42 ·
I think he was making reference to their dope dealing days... I think he would have preferred the lifestyle of the commune instead of selling drugs for $$$.

Either that or it was common to say "we blew it, man" in those days so he tossed it in for no good reason :)

#46 ·

They skipped one verse, but it's still a great song. I saw The Band with Dylan @ the Seattle coliseum in 1969 great show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.