Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Easy Rider

NFR 
2K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  Chris Johnson 
#1 ·
Is this not a classic or what ?
Jack is awesome !

#16 ·
Easy Rider wasn't so much political as it was a social commentary of the time. Counter culture vs ******* culture...not a good combination back in the mid to late 60's.

Fonda's daughter Bridget was in the film if I recall...

I don't envy them riding those hardtail panheads at all...

#17 ·
Easy Rider wasn't so much political as it was a social commentary of the time. Counter culture vs ******* culture...not a good combination back in the mid to late 60's.

Fonda's daughter Bridget was in the film if I recall...

I don't envy them riding those hardtail panheads at all...
Right on the commentary button! PBS will have to expand its Friday night news summary to include "Shields, Brooks, and Roper." Seriously!

#21 ·
Dennis Hopper was great in that film as well as Jack, Peter Fonda couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. Karen Black was in it also. I remember the poster of Dennis H. on his Harley flippin the dudes in the truck off, a classic, I bought that poster for my sister when she moved out of the house.

Reactions: constructeur
#32 ·
I never got hold of that poster of Hopper. Anyone here see him in Blue Velvet? His character Frank Booth was pure evil.
I think Peter Fonda must have been the undisputed "master of expressionless." Playing a role without any acting ability. I think that's all he could do.
Nicholson! He and Karen Black were also awesome in Five Easy Pieces. I loved the scene in the diner, when Nicholson's character tried to order something different than what was on the menu.

#24 ·
I think you're getting the Fondas and the Sinatras mixed up, David. Peter Fonda starred in Easy Rider.
Nancy Sinatra sang "These boots are made for walking'".

Or I'm mistaken and you were simply talkin' to our WFF member "wadin' boot"? :)

Reactions: David Loy
#31 ·
That's the one Porter, love it.

Dipnet, that Steppenwolf album was the first LP I ever bought. " I like smoke and lightning, Heavy Metal thunder, racin' with the wind, and the feelin' that I'm under"

Reactions: Dipnet and Porter
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.