Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

editing videos question

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Bradley Miller 
#1 ·
I have a contour HD head cam that I've downloaded to My Picasa 3 program. Things look great, but I can only edit the begining and end of the video. I'd like to be able to edit the boring parts out, and maybe put some music to it.

On a scale of 1-10 on computer skills, I'm about a negative 1.7.... Any suggestions would be great!

Dave

#3 ·
Question is, how do I transfer them from Picasa to the movie maker?

And I will be glad to share/boast - ha ha! The quality is amazing, and with the polarized lens you can see the fish under water.

#4 ·
Just open the folder on the device (camera or memory card), transfer them to a folder on the desktop or wherever you store things. Once the file is on your computer you can right click to open with windows movie maker. you shouldnt have to use picasa at all.

You could also open movie maker, then go to file -> open and select the files you want to edit. hope that helps.

#5 ·
Yeah, I thought of that....but I selected the "delete after downloading" when it loaded it to Picasa. The wife is on to something now. Unfortunately, we are hitting a snag with Windows 7. We have it, but for some reason it is not recognizing Picasa as a legitimate file.

She'll figure it out I guess. I was hoping I could do it on my own (with some help from here). I'll PM you a sample clip when I get it done. By the way, we need to get out and fish together. I might take a day off next week...Thursday or Friday...?

Dave

#6 ·
Windows Movie maker will not read MOV files. That program really only works with with WMV file types. There are a few free video editing software out there. You could try http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html?gclid=COKy5uqP8LICFUjhQgodlDcAew. Make sure you click on the free version. Contour ahso has its own video editing software.

A better way would be to convert the file to something more usable. Contour MOV files are memory hogs and will bog down most consumer editing software. http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/ is a good free converter. Picasa files are a pain for anything other than Picasa.

Hope that helps.

#7 ·
This doesn't directly address your question/issues, but it does relate to the title of your post; soooooooo for what it is worth, to all of you wannabe Steven Spielberg types, here is a book which could take you to 'the next level' in video. Just sayin......

"how to shoot video that doesn't suck"

It rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.