Educate me on PINKS

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Randall Clark, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Bob, all of the fish I've taken have been caught on two or three different pink flies. Their stomachs have been totally empty so I'm thinking they are chasing flies from attraction. Trout flies that are attractors might work well, don't you think? The pink flies in the water look like small squid, most of them anyway but I have caught several on a pink over white Clouser. I think they are striking out of reaction rather than hunger but I'm not sure.

Bob Triggs and Tom Bowden like this.
  2. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Home Page:

Steve, I am in total agreement with you here. I did not intend to imply that attractors, brightly colored flies, flash flies etc., do not work. Most of these fish get caught on some kind of fluorescent fly or lure on the beaches here. My only point is that we have never gone out of our way to catch them, that most of them we catch are on trout flies, while we are trout fishing here. And this is because they are very aggressive at times. When I do go after them directly myself I often use Clousers in variations of pinks, chartreuse, fuscia etc., with flash tails and without. And I like Leland Miyawaki's Beach Popper too.