Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Emerger swap - now closed

Swap 
4K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Randy Diefert 
#1 ·
After looking through Schollmeyer and Leeson's new book, I'm in the mood to tie some emergers. Anyone want to join me for a swap? I'm thinking ten or twelve tyers with flies due the end of January.

K

#27 ·
Jesse,

When I said you were persausive I made no implications that it was due to your skills as an orator :D Being threatened with death by Shumaker can be very persuasive in and of itself. As for the pellet Emerger... I couldn't get WDFW to supply me a "Natural" as a reference to base my imitation on. So I opted for the WB.

#30 ·
Okay, Okay, I procrastinated on sending the flies out. The weather looked good so I grabbed the flies and my 3 wgt and headed for the Little D, near Vail. I've never fished these flies before so I just had to field test them, right? The good news is that the cutts really liked them. The bad news is that I've been using a spey rod so much lately that my back cast was sort of bad. A number of these creations were swallowed by mysterious tree and bush fish which fought bravely before being brought to hand. Consequently I had to tie a few more to replace those with fish slime on them and those lost to the various trees and bushes.

They will be heading out the door first thing in the AM, with a few extras for the swapmeister and a couple of Sea Run flies I had good luck with this year.

Tight Lines and Best Fishes,

REE

#31 ·
Thanks all for the updates. I've already received some tasty looking caddis emergers from spokanefisherman. I'll post updates as more arrive in the mail.

As for me, my bride left on a 10-day business trip this morning so this weekend is earmarked for time at the bench, especially if the forecast snow hits the Seattle area resulting in the usual transportation paralysis.

As a note of caution, several of you have indicated you'll be tying patterns with hackle. To preserve the shape and proportions of the flies you receive back, you may wish to send yours in a hard container to keep delicate patterns from being crushed by the USPS.

K

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.