Engine Stolen

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by clarkbre, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarkbre

clarkbre Member

Saturday afternoon I was at the Marysville, WA Fred Meyer and someone stole my Mercury 9.8hp engine. I know it's a major long shot but if anyone finds anyone selling an engine with those specs in that area please let me know.

Furthermore, I am now in the market for a used 10-15hp engine for my 12 foot boat. If you have anything in your garage that you're willing to part with for a fair price please let me know.

2. Jason Decker

Jason Decker Active Member

Home Page:
    man, that sucks, i hope whoever stole it sinks their boat!

3. morris

morris Member

Do you by chance have the serial number?

If so I can check this side of the border for you!

And ya I hope the pr1cks boats sinks too!

4. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    You can be guarenteed that the engine will be sold and the thief will be hitting the old straight pipe. Tweekers suck!
    Theo Epstien for President,
    cds

5. fredaevans

fredaevans Active Member

Crap! That is a major bummer.:mad: Hope you filed a Police report (the Police will usually contact local "pawn shops," but ask and confirm) and contacted the 'local' out-board repair shops with the SN so they can keep track.

6. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

That sucks. Last year after a long search I found what appeared to be a sweet little 5hp kicker for my boat. Went down to Federal Way to take a look at it. The seller wasn't home even though we had set a time to meet. His roomate reluctantly let me look at the engine after much prodding on my part. He had to put the 2 Rottweilers (sp) in the back yard so my son and I could go look at it in a back bedroom. Yep in a bedroom. Laying on the carpet with 4 other small outboards and assorted car stereos. We quickly left and later that day I called the local PD and told them what I'd seen. Never heard back from them.

BTW that guy advertised on craigslist.com. You might keep an eye open there.

7. scotch

scotch New Member

Fred,
    Maybe you could ask to see the parking lot security tapes. Our Fred M's have them here in Oly.
    This is grand theft and Freddies should bend over backwards to help you out.
    Dont wait for the police to do it.
    My 2

Good luck TWEEKERS SUCK

8. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

9. clarkbre

clarkbre Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I checked both those on Craigslist and they're not mine :beathead: I filed a police report and Fred Meyer's told me they have no cameras in the parking lots. Needless to say I WILL NOT shop there again.

So, at this point I'm looking into 10-15 hp motors for an OK price. I'm sure something will come about. Just need a motor before opening weekend at Jameson Lake!

10. ZugBug

ZugBug Member

Why? Did Fred Meyer himself cut the lock off the outboard you left in a parking lot and make off with it. Or an employee? It was locked up right? Seems pretty harsh to blame FM's for something obviously out of their control and completely in yours.

11. luckybalbowa

luckybalbowa Member

Someone hit and ran my wife's car at a Wal-Mart parking lot. They did have video of the parking lot, but did not want to help us out in fear of a lawsuit against them...

Maybe Freddy's did have video, but didn't want to get tangled up into anything.

12. Curtis

Curtis New Member

Unfortunately, it is in the best interest of the stores to stay out of these things. It sucks but it the way things are these days. However, if you can some how get the police to get a warrant for the tape, it is theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.