Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

erratic screen width changes?

4K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  Kerfwappie 
#1 ·
How come sometimes when you browse through the forum some pages are wide and you have to side scroll them, while others fit your screen perfectly? How can I fix it so it's always the latter?

Eric

#2 ·
Eric, I was having the same problem. In the TOOLS drop down on my Internet Explorer browser I selected Compatibility View and that seems to have fixed the issue for me. This was suggested by a couple of other forum members when I asked about it. Not sure this will be the right fix for you or meet any "always" type criteria, but give it a shot. Ed

#6 ·
At work we square pegs have been pounded into the IE round hole. I'll give one of those a go at home and see how it works. As my home laptop ages and gets less reliable, I wonder how much of that is due to the web browsing. Thank you Mr. Wizard.

#10 ·
Dammit Evan, thats not what I wanted to hear. Don't want to switch browsers. To hard. I am computer illiterate dammit!!!

Okay, temper tantrum over. I'll try Chrome tonight. Any hints on switching browsers?

#17 ·
Viewing with Chrome at home. Screen looks a bit different and the font is different, but the page layout seems the same. I've not come across any photos that require me to scroll left or right as of yet.

#18 ·
Overall Chrome does have a better appearance. The underlying issue though is this forum software. The last major "upgrade" was poorly written and I'll be migrating to a different application all together. That software is just getting out of beta and then I'll be re-testing everything. Your experience from there, regardless if you're using a good browser or IE, will be a lot better.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.