Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Backyard, Apr 24, 2008.
Common Chad, I got some air miles saved for just such an event. At least it would be fun loosing.
Who is the judge? Is there a moderator that should be assigned that isn't involved with one of the teams (sleeping with, best buddies, broke back buddies, on the team, etc)?
So any 5lb + carp I catch, I get 19 points? That's like taking candy from a little girl. I don't need a 'handicap' if I decide to play
whomever goes to Christmas Island and takes pics will win.
How do you figure? Regardless of how many points someone gets during their 5 day/6 night fishing trip in Xmas versus 3 months of fishing at home, it's a FANTASY FISHING TEAM. You can pick whoever you want for your team and if you pick yourself, YOUR FISH ONLY COUNT FOR HALF POINTS.
1. doughty- cuz hes sexy, and he catches alot of lil browns they count for something..
2. matney- daily dose of brown for kevin jb, it'll add up!
3. kevin j b- cuz he's moppin up the seeps, you better keep heading out there - (matney. keep ribbin him)
4. d3smartie-cuz src time is around the corner, and a boat always helps come on d3 , i need a 24" ,5 pounder
5. last but not least,not me cuz i wanna win, so yard' your it!
sorry old man- smolts dont count but your in my thoughts heehe
do me proud boys!
I am in
Come on guys get out there and make it happen.
Hey Yard, do drawings of fish count??!! Because if so, I'll draw a pic of a coelacanth with a shock and awe hanging out of its mouth!
I will have to think about my team.
I would suggest length cut-offs as opposed to the 5 pound mark as that would be very difficult to judge and measuring by length would recognise the quality of a fish like a steelhead as opposed to just giving the extra 10 points for being over 5 pounds which 99-100% of the entrants would be. Have a base line and then a point for every inch over that mark.
All I gotta say is Excellent! There've got to be some carp around here somewhere..........
oh yeah im sure chris and brendan will be tearing up the east side channels!
Yard, this is a sick idea!
I'm gonna go with a Little League team. My picks are:
1) my man CoastalCut! That boy gets out and fishes like the big boys do. Plus, he throws up more pics than Brett Farve.
2) Hogwrangler is gonna have a good season. I think he can paint realistic enough to pass off his work as the real thing. Plus, the boy's got love in his heart.
3) Clint F is also gonna have a good year with his new boat.
4) Flytyerboy95thousand is definitely going to make me proud. Plus, he's frickin' adorable!
5) This is kinda' like picking Randy Moss, but. . . . He's ready to make a comeback; he's got a lot to prove; and if he's let back on the board, I'm sure he might finally post those pictures of New York's 30 pound cookiecutter-steel.
If I can't successfully lobby for Sick's reinstatement to the League, then I have a spot open on my team, any takers?
No matter what I always seem to get my name drug through the mud. Hey, you left grayling off your list.
Jeff, I don't catch smolts anymore. I'm in Montana where there aren't any. Just Cutts anymore with a big rainbow thrown in for good measure.
Ok here is my pick.
3. Mike Doughty
This is the greatest F-ing idea I've heard in a long time.
Commentary on my life? Maturity? Mentality? ... Possibly.
I thought about trying to win, and just picking all the ringers who live in Montana and/or post a ton of photos, like Zen, Ritari, Soltau, etc., but then I'd have to root for those guys, and shit -- they already catch too many fish.
Then I thought about an all-underdog squad, captained by OMJ (dressed as he was in the attached photo)... but I probably don't have deep enough knowledge to pick the five best underdogs.
So it finally hit me... the obvious choice... the all MAINE squad:
1. Myself (jeez, I'd be a handicap already, but only getting HALF points?)
2. "Maine" Wayne Jordan
3. Chris Puma (even though I hear he's actually a Masshole and never fishes anymore)
EDIT: 4. Oh damn! I almost forgot Dave Hartman is from Maine AND has the Montana Advantage!
... ummm... OK, I need two more. Anyone else ever lived in Maine? Ever visited? I'm willing to negotiate. EDIT: Just one more now!
Kevin Burnham (fellow brown fisher)
Jmills (too bad suckers aren't on the list...)
Mohound(if he ever posts here again)