NFR Favorite MeTv Shows

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by freestoneangler, Feb 8, 2013.

1. WA-Fly

WA-Fly Active Member

I like watching the A-team, and souhtpark

2. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Netflix is pretty awesome.

I've actually been watching some old Hitchcock on there. You can find a lot of the old shows on there. I remember watching Car 54 with my grandpa when I was little (in the 80s).

Another great local one--Twin Peaks. So effing good.

J

3. quazman

quazman Member

I've been watching The Wonder Years on Netflix. The music soundtrack on the show is fantastic and the story lines were well written in my opinion.

MASH is another show I'll check out even though I've seen every episode multiple times.

4. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Everyone has already mentioned the shows I liked. Of course there was also Zorro, the Lucy Show, The Honey Mooners and The Outer Limits.

One thing that I couldn't ever figure out in regards to the Lone Ranger. How come the bad guys always threw their guns at the Lone Ranger when they ran out of bullets? Who would throw their gun at someone? The Lone Ranger always ducked and guns were damned expensive in those days.

Also, when it comes to I Dream of Genie, what kind'a nutcase wouldn't allow her to use her powers? Not to mention the fact she was one hot babe.

5. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    This thread is dredgin' up shows I've forgotten about. That's what 5 years away from the tube does to you. I never liked TV as background noise. I still can't tolerate listening to it if I'm not actually viewing it.
    Before "remotes" hit the scene, I was renting a house with some other single people. We had a TV in the living room. We rigged up a "blab-off" button wired to the TV's speaker, and anyone watching the TV had to turn off the sound when commercials came on. This courtesy was so that anyone in another room wouldn't have to endure the blabbing. ;)

6. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

That's the reason I like to record the shows... you can use fast forward to move through the commercials if it is recorded. However, if you use the "catch up" function for Comcast, sometimes the commercials are still there and you can't fast-forward past the commercials!

However, I've noticed the commercials are not as long when you use the catch up function.

The best bet is to use the DVR function to record it so you can blast past the commercials.

In the old days, we had a remote "clicker". Evidently it used a sound wave to change channels. Once in awhile, my mother would be moving around pots and pans in the kitchen and the channel would change due to the metallic sound of the pans and pots. Weird.

7. Olive bugger

Olive bugger Active Member

If your Mother was like my Mother, maybe it was just her strong will that changed the channel?

8. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Charlie, quite possible :)

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Yeah, guns in them days only cost about 25 dollars.

On old TV shows, I don't really care for any of them.

10. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

25 bucks was a lot of money in the old days! You didn't care for any of the old TV shows? Wow...
    tough crowd.

11. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

Soap
    Taxi
    MASH
    All in the family
    Twilight zone
    happy days
    laverne and shirley

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I have a couple to mind. I think Rawhide is one of them. There was an old Steve Mcqueen western in which he was a bounty hunter. Have Gun Will Travel was a sometime thing.

13. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

Ren & Stimpy

14. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    Too good. Too good.

Go Sox,
    cds

15. Nooksack Mac

Nooksack Mac Active Member

It's taken 18,689 posts, but Old Man finally said something I can agree with. Broadcast TV in the 1950's was an insane glut of westerns, good, bad, and unusual. "Rawhide" gave us excellent stories, large scale production values, and Clint Eastwood as part of the cast. I was also a fan of "Jim Bowie" and "Yancey Derringer," Southern-themed westerns with a lot of historical background. But my favorite oater (shown not long ago on Multiplex) was "Have Gun - Will Travel" with Paladin's compelling, multi-layered professional gunfighter.