Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Favorite Pic

7K views 55 replies 37 participants last post by  yuhina 
#1 ·
This is simply amazing to me. I am awed by the quality of pictures some digitals take at times.

Nature never ceases to stun me into quietly holding still to take it all in.

See less See more
G
#2 ·
The color is amazing. It's easy to understand how a camera can take a picture. How a eye can see color. But it's amazing to me that all (most) people can see the same thing, in the same way, and have the same feeling.

F.

#3 ·
Yeah... I would agree, bought my wife a little point and shoot and the photos are pretty nice. Quality is getting a lot closer to DSLR's even on the little guys.

Took this one on the Yak a couple of weeks ago with it, not one of my favorite photos but I think it sums up what fall is like on the river....

#7 ·
This is simply amazing to me. I am awed by the quality of pictures some digitals take at times.
I know what you're saying and you're right. But the it's much more than the camera that takes the photo...some of the guys on some of the photography forums I waste time on take it to the extreme. It's like they don't even take photos for the sake of photographing actual things. 100% of their time and effort is spent analyzing sharpness and chromatic abberation and none of it actually taking photos of their kids or landscapes or, better yet, fish.

Case in point is Randy's footprint shot. That'd be a great shot on a $100 point & shoot or on a $4500 DSLR. Fantastic image.

#18 ·
Taken from 9,440 ft on Mt Adams. Mt St Helens in the distance. Still climbing Mtns at 62.

I climbed the ridge just across from Big Horn on the Yakima on Saturday. Watched a bunch of guys floating the river.

It's a beautiful little climb if you ever need to stretch your legs and enjoy some scenery for an hour or so.

Keith

#28 ·
A couple pics. One is an hour after sunset during a hatch, when the moon came over the moutain top and it was fricken daylight again on the Provo, in Utah. The other is mt Hood.

and

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.