NFR Filling up Hard drive?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Topstoy, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Topstoy

Topstoy In search of Trout

I realize that this has nothing to do with fishing but felt that I should share it among others. Recently my hard drive went from having about 30 gigibites used and all of a sudden my hard drive got filled to 280 gig's. After lots of seaching I found that after recently downloading Google Earth, the program kept downloading cache files that added up to 250 Gb. It did this cache building every time I was online and doing this in the background even when I wasn't using Google Earth! After I found this hidden folder I searched the web for "google earth filling hard drive" and found lots of folks having this problem recently. Seems to be a newer problem. I ended up uninstalling Google Earth but had to go in and delete this folder filled with ton's of cache files. Took almost an hour for these files to get deleted. Anyway, again I apoligize for posting this in this forum but I am guessing that if you are reading this, you are a computer user and may even like to look at maps for fishing research like I did. By the way, I found this folder under the Users/*name*/AppData/LocalLow/Googe/ and I had to select show hidden folders under folder options. Best of luck to you. Ken

2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide.

Cranberry Country...a glorified coastal swamp!
    Holy crap! I just looked out my window and there are huge voids in the landscape! :eek:

Google can be a real pain, but i do like to fly over and zoom in with Google Earth. I always get a message from it saying that I need to upgrade my OS for it to work, but it seems to work anyway.

I can't tell if there's anything going on with my iMac. It says there's 208 GB available, whatever that means.

I am going to be upgrading my OS here shortly, after I double my memory, and I just ordered an external hard drive for backup and photo storage.
    I might see if I can set my default search engine to Duck Duck Go. That might prevent that annoying BS of having to see more Google ads pop up for whatever it was that I just looked at.