Finally found my first SRC

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by FlyinFish, Dec 2, 2012.

1. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

saweeeeet... nice pictures and congrats on adding a species to the list!

2. Go Fish

Go Fish Language, its a virus

Bag and Pat....
    get a room.

Smelling corndog f=ingcom.

Go Fish

3. Pat Lat

Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

seriously, I know one of those guys personally and hes a total ass

Go Fish and Gary Knowels like this.
  4. mtskibum16

mtskibum16 Active Member

Great report and first SRC Flyin! Doesn't get much better than that on a December morning!

5. Bradley Miller

Bradley Miller Dances with fish

[​IMG]

Water was looking really good too. Clear, high, and with a good bit of current. I worked my way down and looked for some seams or calm water amongst the chop. The wing was around, but it was a South wind, and the Echo SR handled it nicely, even though it was underlined (new lines are on my Christmas list).

I tried a few different flies, and made my way around the beach, but wasn't getting any love. I swapped over to a new pattern I had seen on here, which is the only thing I've gotten a bite on so far in the salt(little 10" rezzie). I worked my way back up the beach and tried in a slightly calmer area just around the bend from all the chop and current. Right after my first cast I see a nice little searun leap into the air. I cast over to it, but no luck. Oh well, at least there's some life.

I make a few more casts into the area, and I stepped back to the beach a bit to not get too far out. I switch up my retrieve, thinking big long sweeps will work better with this fly. Sure enough, this ends up getting some attention, and I get slammed! By the way he's rolling and flopping, I think it's a rezzie, but then realize its a SRC! And not a bad sized one either!

[​IMG]

I was super stoked to have finally connected with one, and have it not be a dink, and have it happen at one of my local beaches that I was starting to lose hope in. Just plain awesome.

I get him back quickly, and make another cast and just repeat what I was doing, and... BAM! Another SRC slams the fly. This one is a bit smaller, but goes ballistic and puts up a great tussle . Another beautiful searun.

I tried for a bit longer, but that was it. What an awesome morning, and what an awesome way to break in a new rod and fly.[/quote]

Wow. First of all, NICE PHOTOS!
    Second of all, RELAX: both of you. Jeez.

6. Big E

Big E Active Member

Nice SRC and photos!

WTG.