Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Finally

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  WaFlyCaster 
#1 ·
Well finally after a year and some months of trying, countless trips, lost fish, grabs, pulls, hits, dozens and dozens of flies lost , rocks caught and brought in, logs, branches, trees, and the ocassional finger and thumb hooked. Sometime today around about 11:30 to 12 noon I finally landed a steelhead with flygear. Nice bright hen. I've wrecked my digital camera last week fishing, so very unfortunately no pictures. But I laid my rod against the fish and it went from the rod end to the end of the last wraps on the stripper guide. About 33 inches. Also I hooked and lost one but smaller about a hour before and some ways donwstream.

All is right with the world today. :thumb:

#3 ·
hedburner said:
Well finally after a year and some months of trying, countless trips, lost fish, grabs, pulls, hits, dozens and dozens of flies lost , rocks caught and brought in, logs, branches, trees, and the ocassional finger and thumb hooked. Sometime today around about 11:30 to 12 noon I finally landed a steelhead with flygear. Nice bright hen. I've wrecked my digital camera last week fishing, so very unfortunately no pictures. But I laid my rod against the fish and it went from the rod end to the end of the last wraps on the stripper guide. About 33 inches. Also I hooked and lost one but smaller about a hour before and some ways donwstream.

All is right with the world today. :thumb:
WhhoooooHooooooo! Congrats hedburner!!! :) :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

#14 ·
Wow, thanks for all the congrats! One more day for that river, I'll probably be down there again tomorrow. I still have 2 pink bunny worms left out of 2 dozen that I had 4 weeks ago, might as well leave the last ones in the river! And the next digital camera I get I'm going to keep it in a waterproof case.

#17 ·
Good on you 'Burner! The next goal is to catch one AND take a photo. You obviously had to catch this one without the infamous camera jinx. If you can do it, you'll have certainly attained a level of expertise beyond luck.

BTW, it's been a while since I've brought my camera with me. It's a confidence building thing...

#18 ·
ceviche said:
Good on you 'Burner! The next goal is to catch one AND take a photo. You obviously had to catch this one without the infamous camera jinx. If you can do it, you'll have certainly attained a level of expertise beyond luck.

BTW, it's been a while since I've brought my camera with me. It's a confidence building thing...
that is soo funny... the camera jinx is soo true... except my cell phone camera seems to be immune from the camera jinx... although its because it takes really really SHITTY pictures... when ever i have my nice digital camera so i can get great pictures...i seem to get skunked (at least for steelhead).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.