Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

First Digital Camera?

940 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Beckler 
#1 ·
Hi all, I am looking to get my first digital camera. Well, actually the ex got the first one we owned. LOL.

Anyhow, I don't necessarily need waterproof but then again I don't want to worry about taking fishing shots in the rain. So I guess I can go with WP or just use ziplocs like I have in the past.

I have been looking at the Olympus Stylus 550WP for $179 but even that is slightly out of my budget. I have also been scanning Craigslist and recently saw a Canon Powershot A470 new for $85.

I have been making myself crazy reading reviews and such on all Olympus models but I just can't afford the "tough" series and I need a camera right now for my son's ballgames, fishing and to sell some stuff online.

I guess my question is that if I don't plan on taking underwater shots is it really worth having a WP camera just to deal with the rain here? Lots of camera guys on here so I thought I would see what you guys think.

Thanks!

#2 ·
I just purchased an oolympus 1050sw with 6 batteries and an 8gb memory card for 175 on ebay. Its a facotry refurb direct from olympus.

The camera is water, dust, freeze, and impact proof. Its also fairly small and has a tap feature so u can operate it with gloves on. Just my two cents. It looks like a well reviewed and trustworthy camera to me. Ill be taking it on my next expedition in place of a bulky and heavy dslr.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.