Fish Cat 10IR stand up

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by SpeyFitter, Jun 19, 2014.

1. SpeyFitter

SpeyFitter Active Member

Not a bad video explaining the features of the Fish Cat 10IR stand up. Too bad it didn't have the aluminum frame and welded seems that the old Discovery 10IR had (of which I know several people that own who have put on hundreds upon hundreds of lake and river hours with very few if any issues), but I'd imagine even with the heavier steel frame with sewn seems it should last a fair amount of time without issue.

I find it interesting that they tested the boat on the "Class 5 pond," at the AIRE facility...too funny LOL.

2. looks chincy to me especially in a current anchored down

Blue likes this.
  3. BDD

BDD Active Member

Home Page:
    Great idea and concept but difficult to pull off in reality, especially with a mass produced boat. Stop the video at 1 minute 40 seconds and see how low the seat is compared to how high his knees are...would not want to row in that position. I understand that the idea of the setup is to allow standing capability and allow the use of fins but it looks extremely uncomfortable and though it allows you to do both, it doesn't allow you to either very efficiently. If you really want to stand and fish a lot throughout the day, stopping and anchoring at a lot of different holes, I would not want to tuck the floor in and out and slide the lean bar back and forth 30 times a day. It is almost impossible to design a boat that allows you to do both, with a stable, lightweight, low-cost boat.

Blue likes this.