Fishing related Political Question: Sarah Palin and Pebble mine?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by herl, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fullerfly

fullerfly Calvin Fuller

2. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

They ALL LIE..it isn't about a political party but big business and special interest groups...

The revolution will not be televised....

3. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

The claim was investigated by an ethics committee. They found she broke no laws because she was making the statement out of personal belief and not making the statement as the governor of Alaska. She must be doing something right to have such a high approval rating. I have read a lot of the bills that both McCain and Obama have introduced while in the Senate. McCain has a fair share of bills that have been pro-environmental support whil Obama's bills tend to be along the lines of "I want the senate to recognize this African-American because of the great things they did." I don't see many bills from him that are meaningful. Check it out for yourselves. --just a disclaimer I am in no ways racist and believe there are a lot of minorities that have done things for this country that should be recognized...

http://thomas.loc.gov/

This is the library of congresses search portal for senate activities. The media is going to put whatever spin they want on a story. It's hard to put a spin on anything when you are reading what the candidates have ACTUALLY said and ACTUALLY done, not just relying on some biased radio, newspaper, television outlet to give you their summary. Look at the bills these 2 men have introduced while they were in the senate. What they did there will be an indication of what they do in the Oval office.

4. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson dirty dog

This thread is looking up.
    Lots of good info to be read.

5. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

6. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

7. obiwankanobi

obiwankanobi Active Member

I will give Sarah Palin credit on one thing and that she is an alumni from U of I. It just goes to show you that the best school in the NW, resides in Moscow, ID!!:beer2:

U of I Alumnus 2003

8. Tim Lockhart

Tim Lockhart Active Member

1 & 2 have been covered. As for 3, no. Not to diminish the importance of it but...um...last I checked, at present it seems we have bigger fish to fry as a nation. At herl's initial request I'll stick with that.

Order yours today!

9. Flyborg

Flyborg Active Member

Yeah, well Larry Craig is a U of I alumni, and we know how well he worked out :) Aside from all the other crap he has going on, he's one of the worst enemies of salmon in the PNW.

10. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

Wow, I guess elected officials can't speak on any subject without breaking the law. I thought we had freedom of speech in this country and that also applies to elected official. She broke no law.

Keith

11. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    This is the easiest decision ever for me. Mrs. Palin does not believe in evolution. For me it ends there with regard to science and conservation issues. Add in opposition to the CWA and the Alaskan Republican parties record on natural resource extraction issues and it's even more clear. James Watt anyone?

In the interest of full disclosure I am a pro 2nd amendment liberal. I believe that the 2nd amendment is useless without upholding the others, especiallly the 1st and 4th, neither of which she or her party seem to care for.

cds

12. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

Chris must be on vacation! After the debacle of the last 8 years, either one will be a huge improvement. Before any of you punch your ticket for McCain, say a prayer for his [continued]excellent health.

13. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Some examples of past open pit mines:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkeley_Pit

Pollution from the Summitville Gold Mine in Colorado sterilized 17 miles of the Alamosa River. The mine was abandoned and its operator, Summitville Consolidated Mining Corp. Inc. declared bankruptcy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summitville_mine

Look up the word liquefaction in the dictionary and add that to an earthen dam..

Northern Dynasty's Proposed Pebble Mine Plans.
    Most recently, in 2006, Northern Dynasty began the permitting process by filing applications for water rights and for permits to build at least 5 incredibly large earthen dams on the North and South Fork of the Koktuli River at the headwaters of the Bristol Bay watershed. The proposed dams would be tailings settling ponds or in another words, toxic waste storage sites. The one earthen dam would be 740 feet high and 4.3 miles long. The other dam would be 700 feet high and 2.9 miles long. The larger dam would be higher than the Hoover Dam or the Grand Coulee Dam which are of course made of concrete. These proposed earthen dams are in one of the most active earthquake zones in Alaska.

14. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

My favorite political quote..."a man never stoops so low as when he stands up for public office"....Thomas Jefferson. Every year it gets worse. They spend MILLIONS of dollars from "special interest" groups campaigning with bullshit promises while the general public (thats you and me, in case you were wondering) takes it in the shorts daily at work, at the store, at the pumps, and yearly in April. It doesn't matter one damn iota who gets elected. We always lose! Its a friggin' racket to make the rich richer. Its like comparing a bottle of Gallo to a bottle of Bartel and Jaynes. Their both crap in a bottle. BOHICA boys, BOHICA!!

15. Nick Andrews

Nick Andrews New Member

Sara Palin cannot even control her daughter, if McCain were to drop dead (which is likely just from the looks of the guy) then how in the world is Palin going to manage the government. If you cannot manage your personal affairs then you are not fit to lead a country.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.