Fishing related Political Question: Sarah Palin and Pebble mine?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by herl, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Andrews

Nick Andrews New Member

My best friends are guys I completely disagree with on almost every issue.

2. Tony Mull

Tony Mull Member

i just find it very amusing to compare conservatives comments regarding lindsay spears pregnancy and her mother's parenting skills to the same conservatives comments regarding bristol palins pregnancy and her mother's parenting skills. having raised two daughters i can tell you that you're lucky and should be grateful if they don't get pregnant. it's a tough 3-4 years for parents. the whole thing shows how blind some people are to their prejudices.

as far as who is elected i think we will be better off either way. what is important is that government is forced to function for a change. the problems we face right now must be dealt with during the next 4 years- must be- the time when we can tolerate bickering has to end. we are about to reap the consequences of processes begun decades ago and its gonna be ugly. if government can't function somehow it will not just be ugly it will be deadly. either of these candidates look to be the best we've had to choose from for a long time.

3. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Home Page:
    Nick,

That's fair but I suspect that they can formulate an argument better than My guy is... (insert positive adjetive). The other guy is (insert negative adjective).

I have one real good friend at work who does not share my views on many political things but he is smarter than a caveman.

1-0 Sox,
    cds

4. Jack Murphy

Jack Murphy Member

So if a politician believed in creationism and was an ardent protector or native fisheries you would vote against him/her?

5. Robert Engleheart

Robert Engleheart Robert

So....the neo cons want us to re-elect the party who drove us into the ditch, now they can get us out?
    Not for me....
    I'm pissed about the 500 billion to 3 trillion price tag of the war in Arabastan, think of what that would have done here.
    If you want a war let's pay for it, like in WWII. Everyone sacrificed, not only the soldiers.
    I resent the current occupant's theory of waging a war that defers costs to my grandkids.
    John McCain, the agent of change? yea...............right!

6. Charles Sullivan

Home Page:
    Mr. Murphy,

When I see that animal I'll study it. I haven't ever seen that on the political stage. I was referring to her grasp of science in relation to religion. In my experience, those that are strict creationists make scientific decisions based on the Bible rather than science. If she had ever shown herself to be different I would posssibly view her in a different light. I have seen nothing to suggest her policies are more informed by science than by religion, hence my James Watt reference.
    Along the same lines you'll notice my reference to the 1st amendment, seperation of church and state/ freedom of speech (think books/ libraries!). I think you see my issue here.

5-0 sox top 6,
    cds

7. PT

PT Physhicist

She's a GILF! Definitely :thumb::thumb:

8. Scott Keith

Scott Keith Member

Really? I'd go fish with Hillary, John, or Barack. There are plenty of other things to talk about then politics. I don't care if someone has differing political or religous views then I do as long as they have made an informed decision and are respectful about differences.

Scott

9. Charles Sullivan

Home Page:
    Mr. Keith,
    C&P ffrom above:

That's fair but I suspect that they can formulate an argument better than My guy is... (insert positive adjetive). The other guy is (insert negative adjective).

I have one real good friend at work who does not share my views on many political things but he is smarter than a caveman.

7-0 Sox (9th),
    cds

10. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

2.5 out charles...

11. Charles Sullivan

Home Page:
    Up 6 in the wild card.

Pedrioa for MVP,
    cds

12. UptheCreek

UptheCreek Member

Just so you know Charles, evolution is as real as bigfoot........hopefully you don't make decisions on that.

13. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Charles, let's fish. I have no idea what you are talking to most of the time and you are probably wrong most of the time and of coures that makes me right a few more times than you. Not that I'm keeping score of our conversations or anything...but you do keep a killer score line on the beloved sox, so I'd fish with you anytime. (and I'm kidding about the stuff in sentence two...except the sox part)

14. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

I could not fish with Hillary, she just seems to have an abrasive personality that I'd prefer to slap in the ass rather than slap on the back. I'm sure she has good qualities, as everyone does, but I'll pass on the day fishing with her. I don't know if I want to fish with John either because watching him cast with his limited shoulder mobility would probably make me feel sorry for the old man. Barack has a cool radio voice and likely would be entertaining as hell if he hooked into one, that alone would be worth the trip...so long as the video tape was running.

Now we are off politics and onto evolution? Evolution is real...none of us are the geeks we were in middle or high school...or at least I'm not. Evoloution is too broad a topic not to be real. Bigfoot, now the jury is still out on that one. I've spent a lot of time in the back country and I've never run into him yet.

This thread started with an interesting topic and has run wild. It is like a train wreck and I can't pull myself away.

15. Charles Sullivan

Home Page:
    Up the creek,

If you believe in creationism and not in evolution then.... that's how you do it. I will likely not vote for you. No big deal there, as I don't think you feed your family based on who'll vote for you.
    As far as the bigfoot thing... nice paper tiger argument but...I make my decisions on science and I don't agree that bigfoot = evolution. If you do, then i can't argue with you as you will argue faith and I'll argue science; hence neither of us will win and we'll probably both have a raised blood pressure. No one wins there.

2.5 out,
    cds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.