Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fishing the Yellowstone National Park - Photo Essay

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Randall Dee 
#1 ·
Hi friends,
since I am too lazy to write a report... I will just let the photos speak for it's story... the fishing is good.. wildlife and scenic views are as expected...
attached few photos and video clip, if I have more time I will make more videos in the near future. Mark

early morning bless from the mystery fog

slough creek, a wonderful place to fish with wildlife... bear spray is always on board..

dancing with tantaka..

See less See more
1 21
#3 ·
Mark, that is awesome. I think I recognize some strange characters that you seem to have run into on your trip from a bunch of gallery photos. The Yellowstone photographical report is amazing. Looks like a fun trip. ed

#10 ·
how do you row with bent oars...LOL
HA... good one Joni ... they are my 20 weight fiberglass poles... it bends and it row... lol
FYI: as you might already know, most of the photos were taken from my fisheye lens.
Mark

#13 ·
Thanks my friends...
Ha... actually we did start with a bigger net, but it broke during the trip...
Don, a lot of buffalo and elk... but they are not available for "harvest"... : )

#17 ·
Thanks my friends, appreciate the kind words...

One of the most memorial moment was fishing the Ranch water on Henry's Fork... the Mahogany/PMD/BWO mixed hatch was going really strong on the last day, but the fish were really finicky since they have seen all kinds of flies during the season. I did get lucky to find a pot of slow rising trout, after change few flies, delivered the tiny captive dun fly and it just happened that she finally made a mis-judgement... : ) I am definitely coming back to the Henry's Fork next year... a really wonderful place to hang out with friends... Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.