flies for panfish ?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by Stefan Elliott, May 22, 2007.

1. DANATTHEROCK

DANATTHEROCK Member

Fishing near my home in NC, I have always known the value of poppers. But honestly, never really found any high quality flies. Recently ran across an article that pointed me to http://www.breambugs.com/ where I saw the Booglebugs line of flies. These are not your ordinary poppers. Ordered a bunch and they are top shelf. Just wanted to pass this on to anyone else that uses poppers for bass and bream. This website sells tons of warmwater flies. Some small stuff just for panfish, some big bass specific flies. Great website and fast shipping. Spoke with the guy that runs the place and he represents his business well. Very approachable and quick to reply to emails.

2. DANATTHEROCK

DANATTHEROCK Member

The Booglepopper is the actual fly I meant to reference above, Booglebug makes a few different types...

[​IMG]

3. MERDOG95

MERDOG95 New Member

Get some copper johns, hares ears, pheasant tails, in sizes 14 to 20 and run them about a foot behind a floating fly and using a 3 wt you will have a great time. It is a blast when they are spawning, they really git pissed off and will attach anything. good luck

4. Tyler Watters

Tyler Watters Stickin' pigs.

I agree. Panfish will eat anything you throw out there. They will come up and eat your spit on the surface of the water. Foam spiders are my choice though. Definately go dry. There's no sense in throwing subsurface stuff. It's just not near as fun.

5. Dehlan G

Dehlan G Member

They also really like any small nymph pattern like pheasant tails. hares ears, etc. I save my used beat up beadhead nymphs for panfishing.

6. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

I use damsel nymphs when 'gills are on the beds . . . they don't take them deep; most are lip hooked.

7. Leroy Laviolet

Leroy Laviolet Aint no nookie like chinookie

Blk/brn mini leach size 12 , with a size 12 chironimid in red and silver - Money !